Summer engineering course in Jowett Walk Balliol College Summer School
Summer Engineering Courses (Introduction to Engineering)
- Age of students: 13-15 years
- Dates: July 29 - August 11
- Cost: 4495 £ / 2 weeks.
The introductory summer course "Introduction to engineering sciences" will help students to better understand the basics of the profession and the characteristics of qualifications, the different directions and their key aspects, choose their own career and study path, significantly deepen their knowledge and improve their skills. Working in a team on projects, students will also develop leadership skills and ability to work in a group, master the skills of successful presentations, improve oratory qualities. The program of the course includes the following topics and directions:
- civil engineering
- building engineering
- mechanical engineering
- elementary theories - physics, mathematics
- production concepts: environmental protection and sustainable production
- Safety in mechanics and structural engineering
- electromechanics, electrical engineering and circuit theory
- "Logic, mathematics, informatics" - effective interaction of sciences
- biomedical engineering
- chemical engineering
- design skills
- the analysis of modern problems of engineering and engineering, and the search for ways to solve them.
In each class, up to 15 people are engaged, the intensity of the classes is from 20 hours weekly (and up to 40!) + At least 2 thematic excursions, as well as master classes and lectures from invited specialists. At the end of the course the students will receive a solemn ceremony of rewarding, handing out personal certificates indicating personal achievements and successes.