Master's program(english) in John Cabot University - American University in Rome
1. Age of participants: from 20 years
2. Duration of training: 15 months
3. Start of classes: September, January, May
4. Type of training: full-time
5. Level of English: TOEFL80 / IELTS 6.5 / Pearson Test of English 61
6. Level of education: bachelor's degree
7. Language of instruction: English.
The John Cabot University Master Dept. offers high-quality students in the Master of Arts (MA) in Art History program. To participate in the program are considered students with a bachelor's degree, having a certain number of credits in the subject "History of Art"; applicants who study (or speak) Italian, French or German are welcome. The program is accredited by the American Middle States Commission on Higher Education (Middle States Commission on Higher Education) and is the first Master of Art History program, accredited by US agencies and fully developed and implemented in Italy.
The course is aimed at mastering students with theoretical knowledge and methods of art history with an emphasis on direct research in museums, monuments and archaeological monuments of Rome. The standard duration of training takes 15 months, the schedule contains several steps:
- Foundation Year (fall and spring semesters; courses, practices and research seminars, attending cultural events)
- Summer Term (summer semester; exams, courses, seminars)
- Thesis Term (Fall Semester 2; writing and defending a final research paper).
Most of the time is devoted to serious research and practice. A plan is carefully drawn up for visits and cultural events, where students can see firsthand how art developed over the long centuries of human civilization. Rome, a unique "city-museum", is the best suited for the tasks assigned to students. All teachers are highly qualified specialists, have professorships, doctoral and master degrees in the field of art history and archeology, assigned by leading specialized institutions and universities:
- Cortald Institute
- New York University Institute of Fine Arts
- Duke University
- Boston University
- Universities of Oxford, Chicago, Munich, Pennsylvania, Edinburgh.
All professors have many years of experience and research in Rome and Italy, transferring invaluable experience to students.
If all the requirements of the program are successfully met, students receive a standard diploma and a Master of Arts degree in art history. Masters with degrees from John Cabot University are considered to be highly qualified specialists and achieve success in their professional activities.
Tuition = from 19000 € / full period of study (4 semesters).