International foundation in James Madison University
This course allows students at the end of the program to enroll immediately on the second course of a selected undergraduate or graduate (Bachelor's degree or Associate's degree, respectively). The duration of the Foundation Diploma varies from 2 to 3 semesters: the duration of study depends on the level of academic preparation and English knowledge. If a foreign student needs to improve the level of the English language, an additional semester program with a course English for Academic Purposes (EAP, English for Academic Purposes) is provided for him. Thus, the course provides an opportunity for all students to attain the high sustainable level of knowledge necessary for a profound, thorough study of academic disciplines and subjects.
Students who successfully completed the Foundation Diploma course can apply to programs not only at James Madison University:
- In the "native" university they are offered courses in the humanities or natural sciences, business courses and engineering;
- In partnership with Fisher College, you can study the humanities and management.
Depending on which direction you choose, a list of subjects and disciplines for the first year of the Foundation Diploma will be formed. To pass to the second year of the university (for the successful completion of the preparatory program), you will need to take exams in 8-9 subjects and to demonstrate a high level of English (note that your scores must correspond to passing scores in the chosen specialty - each level is set to its own level) .
The academic year is divided into 3 semesters:
- Autumn (starts in late August - early September);
- Winter (starts in January);
- Summer (starts in May).
All applicants for the preparatory course must meet the following requirements:
- Age of students: 17 years and over
- Certificate of secondary education (average score from 3.0 and above)
- Certificate of IELTS or TOEFL for knowledge of English or its equivalent.
The cost of the program already includes the registration fee and the organization of the meeting at the airport, adaptation on arrival. The amount includes also a deposit for tuition and a direct curriculum, medical insurance, as well as food and accommodation on campus.