- How do I go to universities in America to study fashion, art, design and the media? Preparatory courses in specialized colleges
- Admission to the University of the United States without losing a year. Preparatory programs for universities in the arts, design and the media
- How to enroll in universities in England and throughout the UK for courses Arts, design and the media
- It is important to know: about the possibility of internships and employment in the US and UK during and after training. Principal differences
Fashion, Arts, Media and Design are popular and sought after areas of study throughout the world, especially in England (UK) and the United States. This article describes the main ways to obtain higher education in these areas, the possibility of internships and subsequent employment.
Education in the United Kingdom and USA , received in the field of art, fashion, design, media, is highly regarded: foreign universities seek to select the most talented and gifted students to Give them the opportunity to translate their talents into life, having received a demanded and well-paid profession.
How do I go to universities in America to study fashion, art, design and the media? Preparatory courses in specialized colleges
For successful enrollment it is necessary to choose the correct preparatory program: before the university it is necessary to pass a training course at Kings College (Kings College). These schools are located in a variety of US cities (and not only) and provide effective preparatory courses that will help you enroll in the chosen university without problems. The network of Kings College institutions is represented by the following educational institutions:
- Kings College Los Angeles
- Kings College Concordia
- Kings College New Jersey Rider University [ 999.16]
- Kings College Boston
A distinctive feature of college education is that during the training, qualified personnel will work with you to apply to several institutions, Your requirements.
The profile universities in the United States have excellent equipment and equipment (modern technology for practical and theoretical studies), as well as a balance of theoretical and practical lessons that allow you to consolidate your knowledge in practice right away.
Below are some universities where our students enter to study the arts.
1. University of Miami
The University is 51st in the overall ranking of US universities. This is a private university with a vivid research focus: today, 16,000 students study at more than 180 programs and courses. The following profile programs for bachelors and magistracy are provided here:
- Broadcast Journalism
- Media Management
- Theatrical art.
The University is located in the city of Coral Gables very close to Miami: the bright sun and comfortable climate are provided to you for a year. Requirements for applicants are as follows:
- GPA is not lower than 3.4
- TOEFL from 80 or IELTS from 6.5
- Examinations SAT foreigners can not take.
3. Suffolk University Suffolk University )
This university is 58 in the overall national ranking. It is a private university in the heart of Boston, one of the most vibrant university cities in the United States. Its structure includes a business school, a law faculty and the College of Sciences and Arts. The total number of students reaches 5,500 people, bachelor and master's programs are available.
4. Emerson College
This college is ranked 10th among universities in the northern part of the country. It is also located in Boston, in its historical part, and the performing arts and communications are its main directions. The total number of students is 3,700 people, the programs for bachelor's and master's programs have been developed.
5. University of Kansas
115th place in the national ranking of universities. It was founded in 1865, and now the number of its students reaches 19,300 people (master's and bachelor's). The University of Kansas is one of the largest national research centers: its structure includes 5 buildings in different cities, 13 schools and departments, more than 390 training programs.
6. Massachusetts College of Art and Design
7. University of La Verne
8. Loyola Marymount University
9. Chapman University
10. Ithaca College
11. Brooks Institute: Photography and Film School
Admission to the University of the United States without losing a year. Preparatory programs for universities in the arts, design and the media
Many US universities offer Pathway programs in their main buildings, with subsequent enrollment in the second year of the Bachelor's program. Below are some universities in the US where it is possible to study arts, design and the media:
- The University of Drew (Drew University) - in Under Art Bachelor's Programs offer to pass Semester in New York In Contemporary Art, during which students 2 days a week Interns in galleries, museums, art spaces of New York, It does not extend the training (in the appendix).
Undergraduate Pathway in the Arts Leads to the 3rd course of the programs Art, Art History, Music or Theater.
- The University of South Florida - program: Undergraduate Pathway in Visual And Performing Arts , allows entering the 2nd course of the following programs:
- School of Architecture and Design: Master's of Architecture.
- School of Arts and History of Art: Art History, BA , Studio Art, BA / BFA
- Music School: Acoustic & amp; Electricity, BM *, Jazz Studies, BM *, Music Composition, BM *, Music Education, BS *, Music Performance, BM *, Music Studies, BA *
- Theatrical School and Dance School:Dance Performance, BFA , Dance Studies, BA , Theater Arts, BA , Theater Design, BA / BFA , Theater Performance, BA
How to enroll in universities in England and throughout the UK for courses Arts, design and the media
There are several main ways to enter the desired arts program:
- The end of the classical British high school program - A-level (usually lasts 2 years, children are accepted after grade 10 of the Russian school), which gives you the opportunity to enroll in any university in the world, Teaching in English, of course, with the successful completion of the program.
- Foundation program in the UK - lasts 1 year (enrollment is possible after the 11th grade). The main difference here is that the program can take place both at colleges and at universities. If you passFoundation program at the college, then after you can submit results to 5 UK universities. If you pass the Foundation program at the university, then you are guaranteed to enroll in this university.
- The programUniversity Pathway Foundation analogue is also possible both at universities and at colleges
- International Year 1 at universities is a fairly new format of training aimed at international students. It is held at the university and gives an opportunity after this program to be transferred to the 2 nd year of the bachelor's degree to this university.
Next, we bring to your attention some educational institutions where it is possible to pass the above described programs:
CSVPA - Cambridge School of Visual and Performing Arts - Higher School of Arts - It is possible to study on Foundation programs, as well as further higher educationAbbey DLD College London [999,204] - the most modern international college in London - training on the Foundation and A-level program [999,205] [999,206] [999,204] [999,194] [999,149] [999,149] ]
The Institute of Marangoni London (Istituto Marangoni London)- the highest institute of design with cases all over the world - training in Foundation programs, as well as further higher education
Anglia Ruskin University - Here you can do the preparatory program of the University Pathway with the subsequent enrollment to the main Bachelor's program
Manchester Metropolitan University - Preparatory Program of the International Foundation in Art and Design. After it, you can enroll in one of the following specialties in the Arts Department:
BA (Hons) Fasion Art Direction
BA (Hons) Animation
BA (Hons) BA (Hons) Fashion Design and Technology - Menswear
BA (Hons) Fashion Design and Technology - Sportswear
BA (Hons) Filmmaking
BA (Hons) Fine Art
BA (Hons) Graphic Design
BA (Hons) Illustration with Animation
BA (Hons) Interactive Arts [ 999.260] BA (Hons) Interior Design
BA (Hons) Photography
BA (Hons) Textiles in Practice
BA (Hons) Three Dimensional Design
INTU Univeristy of Gloucestershire University- International Foundation for Art, Design and Media (International Preparatory Program for Arts, Design and Media). After preparation, students are invited to the following faculty:
International Educational Center for Intu London (INTO London) ] - here you can study on the Foundation's international training program on arts and design. The INTO London Center is not tied to a specific university, but leads to enrollment inuniversities in the field of art and design in the UK , which are more than 65.
It is important to know: about the possibility of internships and employment in the US and UK during and after training. Principal differences
Most American universities are very welcoming programs Internship (paid or free employment) and strongly encourage the application of theoretical knowledge in practice. Of course, the enrollment for such programs depends on the level of students and is not guaranteed, but in principle it is possible in a variety of universities.
For the sake of example, here are a few options for universities with similar programs, see the description on the links:Academy of Art University
California College of Arts
Otis College of Art and Design
Cal State LA
When a student studies in College or university, he / she must previously obtain a student visa of F1 , which entitles to work up to 20 hours per week. Students of art departments can also engage in paid freelance activities, not registering anywhere, and this is absolutely normal.
It is also important to know that in the US there is a 4-year bachelor's degree, after which the student has the right to stay in the United States for 1 year for the Optional Practical Training (OPT) internship. If you study what is called STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), you can stay on OPT for up to 36 months.
In the UK, in turn, the so-called Sandwich courses are popular. In the UK the bachelor's degree lasts 3 years, and if it's Sandwich, then + 1 year of internship is added, that is 4 years in total.
Internship takes place at the third year of study, and not after graduation, that is, the student returns to the fourth year of university. The internship can be both paid and unpaid.
The internship does not guarantee subsequent employment, but the internship, of course, improves the student's chances of further employment. Each university has Career Services, with which students must actively work: they conduct lectures from employers, job fairs, teach how to make a resume, interview, and so on, they can also pick up some short-term internship or work-in-time Learning.
The university does not work after the training - it teaches students how to find work, but the student himself must be the initiator of all actions!
If you are considering art, fashion, design and media education, please contact us by firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +7 495 374 64 01