Pre-Masters in INTO Washington State University
- Age of participants: 19 years
- Duration of the programs: 1 or 2 semesters
- Beginning of classes: January, August
- Level of education: Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of English: for 2-semester programs - TOEFL iBT66 or 70 (depending on the program) / IELTS 6.0 or 6.5 (depending on the program) / PTEA 50; for semester programs - TOEFL iBT75 or 80 (depending on the program) / IELTS 6.0-7.0 (depending on the program) / PTEA 53.
- Language of instruction: English
- Participants: foreign citizens.
Pre-Master's is a special program for foreign students, which allows them to enter the magistracy department, to adapt to the education system and lifestyle, and at the same time not to waste time on additional training. Applicants must have a bachelor's degree, a certain level of proficiency in English, and broad academic knowledge (in case of non-compliance with the requirements for the language, you can take special English courses). Students choose for themselves a direction from among the available ones, and the specialty in the bachelor's degree does not necessarily have to coincide with the specialty of the master's degree that is of interest. In total, 15 areas (and master programs) are available:
- Apparel, merchandising, design and textiles (Apparel, Merchandising, Design and Textiles (Specializations in Apparel Design or Merchandising) -MA)
- Leadership in Education (Educational Leadership-M.Ed.)
- Educational Psychology (Educational Psychology-M.Ed.)
- Electrical Engineering (Electrical Engineering-MS)
- Computer Science (Computer Science-MS)
- Interior Design (MA)
- Language, Literacy, Technology (Language, Literacy, Technology-M.Ed.)
- Mathematics (Computational Finance) -MS)
- Mechanical Engineering (MS)
- Political Science: Public Affairs-MPA; Political Science, Certificate in Global Justice and Security Studies (Political Science, Certificate in Global Justice & Security Studies-MA)
- Architecture (Architecture-M.Arch.)
- Special Education (M.Ed.)
- Applied Economics (MS)
- Statistics (Statistics-MS)
- Fine arts (Fine Arts-MFA).
Training lasts 1 or 2 semesters (the choice of duration depends on the level of language proficiency). Courses include all the necessary subjects and disciplines in the chosen direction, which, in fact, are the same courses as the standard Master program, but adapted specifically for foreign students. In addition to academic disciplines, students of the 2-semester courses are engaged in English, significantly expand the vocabulary and significantly increase their opportunities in terms of communication and learning. All students receive effective support in matters of study, living, adaptation to the education system and way of life. Employees and teachers are always ready to provide foreign students with all the necessary assistance, thanks to which the process of integration into a new society for themselves passes quickly and painlessly.
After the completion of the course, students move to the next semester of the master's program (after the 2-semester program - for the third semester, after the semester - for the second semester) and continue their education.
The cost of training on the Pre-Master's program:
- Course 1 semester = from 16200 $
- Course 2 semesters = from 28200 $.
REQUIREMENTS FOR RECEIPT
1. Age of participants: 19 years
2. English language level for participation:
- for 2-semester programs: TOEFL iBT 66 or 70 (depending on the program) / IELTS 6.0 or 6.5 (depending on the program) / PTEA 50 / Completion ofAcademic English Level 5 (with 83% average inall classes) / Password Level 6.
- for semester programs: TOEFL iBT 75 or 80 (depending on the program) / IELTS 6.0-7.0 (depending on the program) / PTEA 53.
3. Level of education: bachelor's degree in the relevant field of science (it is also possible not to enter the profile of the existing education)
4. High academic achievements at the previous place of study
5. Recommendations from the previous place of study / work
6. Testing is possible to establish the level of knowledge
7. Participants: foreign nationals.
DAYS OF TRIMESTORS AND ADDITIONAL COSTS
Beginning of classes: January, August.
Academic year for semester programs:
1. Beginning in January: from January 2 (2019) to May 3 (2019)
2. Beginning in August: from August 13 (2018) to December 14 (2018).
Academic year for 2-semester programs:
1. Beginning in January: from January 2 (2019) to July 26 (2019)
2. Beginning in August: from August 13 (2018) to May 3 (2019).