Bachelor's Courses(english) in INTO Suffolk University Boston
- Age of participants: from 17 years;
- Duration of training: 3-4 years (standard programs);
- Starting dates: September, January;
- Level of English: TOEFL iBT80 / IELTS 6.5 / PTEA 53;
- Level of Education: Diploma of School Graduation;
- Language of instruction: English.
About the educational course: The undergraduate program at INTO Suffolk University Boston provides students from all over the world with quality educational programs in demanded and prestigious specialties. For admission, you must have a diploma of complete school education and a sufficiently high level of English. For foreign students, there is an excellent opportunity to enroll through the special program International Year One, which includes adaptation activities and academic courses at the same time and participation in which is counted as standard semesters of bachelor's degree (thus the total duration of study at the undergraduate level does not increase).
Bachelor's programs are available in two broad areas:
- Business (preparation is at the Business School (Sawyer Business School);
- Arts and Sciences (training is conducted at the College of Arts and Sciences):
- Computer Science;
- Fine Arts (Visual Arts);
- General Studies;
- Science and Mathematics.
According to the system of higher education accepted in the USA, students choose for themselves two specializations - basic and additional. This makes education more universal, and the level of competencies is higher, as it enables to develop in several directions at once, to improve one's knowledge and skills. Each program is evaluated in a certain number of credits, which the student must earn. Training includes a large number of carefully designed courses and disciplines, with a clear structure and objectives. Bachelors receive fundamental knowledge in the chosen field, and have a very high level of training and professional qualifications.
In addition to standard training programs, the University offers several other options:
- Accelerated Bachelor's / Master's Degree. Programs are consecutive training in bachelor's and master's degrees in one direction in the accelerated mode and with a rapid transition from one stage to another. Students pass all the same courses and disciplines as with the standard time of training;
- Programs 4 + 1 (Suffolk's 4 + 1 Programs). Special extended bachelor's programs, with a large number of included courses and a master's degree in accelerated mode;
- Language and educational courses. If you want and need it is possible to pass various courses on the study of languages and various disciplines. Available languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese. Available directions: business science, general research, science and art. Courses increase the level of education and can be very useful for foreign students.
Programs of the double main direction. Available for all specialties of the business school. International students can choose from a variety of disciplines and be trained on an individual curriculum.
Associate degree - special degrees awarded after a successful 2-year course of study. The degree gives an opportunity to start working activity, and also to pass to 3 course of the bachelor's specialty.
Certificates - Programs for a variety of sciences and areas of study. Are assessed in a certain number of credits and expand the competence and employment opportunities. Students can be educated according to the certificate programs at their discretion.
Academic degrees awarded at INTO Suffolk University Boston include:
- Bachelor of Arts (BA);
- Associate degree in science in legal studies;
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA);
- Bachelor of Science (BS);
- Bachelor of Science in Journalism (BSJ);
- Bachelor of General Studies (BGS);
- Associate Degree in Arts (AA);
- Associate of Science (AS).
The university employs exclusively highly qualified specialists who have high scientific achievements and many years of successful work experience. Despite the abundance of disciplines and intensive nature of study, students have time to relax and switch attention, as different types of classes alternate:
- Work in groups, mini-groups and independent work;
- Lectures with invited experts and extended lectures;
- Seminars and interactive workshops;
- Laboratory work.
Students regularly pass test work, designed to monitor the progress and success of mastering the material. Verification work includes:
- Exams and invisible exams;
- Research and laboratory work with reports;
- Essays and Extended Essays;
- Preparation of presentations;
- Term papers.
Foreign students also receive effective assistance in the process of adaptation by university staff and specialized services. Much attention is paid to the development of students' skills in employment and career development, which lay a solid foundation and subsequently help young professionals to make the first steps in their careers. All students during the training pass professional training in various companies and organizations, where they gain experience of professional activity and learn to apply theoretical knowledge in practice.
In general, the level of training at INTO Suffolk University Boston allows graduates not to worry about their future: regional and global companies are happy to accept specialists with a bachelor's diploma of the University. Many graduates open their own companies and / or start a business, and also continue their education, entering the magistracy.
Bachelor programs at INTO Suffolk University Boston :
- Data and business analytics;
- Business Economics;
- Global Business;
- Information Systems;
- Science and arts:
- History of art;
- Asian Studies;
- Computer science;
- Environmental Science;
- Environmental Studies;
- Global and cultural communication;
- Graphic design;
- History and literature;
- Humanitarian sciences;
- Interior Design;
- International Economics;
- Media and film;
- History of music;
- Legal research;
- Politics, Philosophy and Economics;
- Public relations;
- Radiation Science and Therapy;
REQUIREMENTS FOR RECEIPT:
- Age: from 17 years old;
- Diploma of High School Graduation;
- High average diploma grade and good and excellent grades in profile subjects;
- Knowledge of English: TOEFL iBT80 / IELTS 6.5 / PTEA 53 or other equivalents;
- Foreign students are encouraged to enroll through the International Year One;
- For some specialties it is necessary to present a portfolio;
- The University has the right to conduct additional testing to determine the level of knowledge and English.
The academic year of undergraduate programs is divided into semesters:
- Autumn semester: from September 5 to December 16-21 (vacations from November 22 to 26, Christmas holidays from December 21 to January 14);
- Summer sessions: May-August (special sessions are held as required);
- Spring semester: from January 15 to May 11 (holidays from 11 to 18 March).