Academic english in INTO Suffolk University Boston
- Age of participants: from 16 years;
- Beginning of classes: January, May, August;
- Language level: from beginner;
- Duration: 1, 2 or 3 semesters;
- Number of hours per week: 20.
About the educational course: English language programs are designed for foreign students who need to improve their level for admission to the undergraduate or master's programs. Applicants from the age of 16 can participate in the program with any level of language proficiency. The program lasts 1, 2 or 3 semesters, depending on the initial level of the language and the success of the training. The training program includes classes in all major language sections:
- Oral speech;
- Written speech;
- Preparing for the tests in English;
- English for Academic Purposes.
Only highly qualified teachers work with students. The training takes place in small groups, which allows you to better absorb the material. For each student, teachers seek an individual approach in order to be able to concentrate on those issues that cause difficulties. By the end of the course, students improve their language and acquire a variety of knowledge and skills:
- US values in education and lifestyles;
- Effective and correct submission of oral and written ideas in English;
- Writing research papers with the correct use of quotes and references;
- Reading, understanding and critical evaluation of academic texts;
- Understanding and using the academic dictionary;
- Mastering the skills of effective presentations.