Cybersecurity Lab: Encryption and Steganography in Imperial College London Summer School with coding
Cybersecurity Lab: Encryption and Steganography
- Age: 13-18 years old
- Level of education: beginner-advanced
- Direction: Encoding
- Instrumentation: Python, PyCharm, HARP prototype.
Students will take a course on one of the most important and popular areas in the world — cyber security. They will learn cryptographic elements, learn about the nuances of ciphers and puzzles, get acquainted with modern methods of protecting programs, networks and systems from digital attacks. During the classes, a study will be conducted on hiding, storing information on a digital medium, after which the audience will analyze hashing algorithms - SHA, RSA - and using Linux, it will reveal the main aspects of cryptography, encryption and security that are important in the modern world.
Participants will learn:
- How to use Python to encrypt, decrypt messages
- Methods of hacking hardware devices, solving cryptographic puzzles
- Basic encryption methods
- How to effectively apply security knowledge, analytics in practice.