TOEFL + SAT in Grier boarding School for girls
About the educational program: The summer program of academic studies lasts 8 weeks and is designed for effective preparation for SAT and TOEFL tests. Also students attend classes in English as a foreign language (ESL) and study English literature. This is the ideal preparatory course for those who plan to enroll in an American college or university.
Age of the pupils: from 7 to 17 years old.
Duration of the educational course: 8 weeks.
Upon admission to the program, all students undergo an introductory test to the level of the English language:
- Beginners and those whose TOEFL score is below 80 are trained in standard groups;
- An intensive program is designed for advanced students (TOEFL above 80 points).
About educational schedule:
- Daily classes take 5 hours;
- Educational week - 4 or 5 days;
- Students are given 2 hours of homework.
Actively used modern educational materials, computer programs and the latest manuals, and the ratio of teachers to students is 1:8 and even less.
In addition to the academic studies, students awaits a huge number of various leisure, sports, creative and excursion activities:
- Horseback riding;
- Visual and graphic art;
- Sports games and competitions;
- Visiting to different cities:
- New York;
- Visiting the "House over the Waterfall" (the legendary architectural project of Frank Lloyd Wright);
- Weekly tour to Maryland, Ocean City - a pleasant relaxed beach holiday, water sports activities;
- Cedar Point Amusement Park in Ohio;
- Lake Reystown;
- Market Amish Market;
- Indian Cavern Cave;
- Rafting (Ohiopyle Park);
- Tennis (large and table);
- Theater and Dramatic Art;
- Outdoor Games;
- Quiz and intellectual games;
- Talent Parade;
- Evening campfire;
- Disco and much more.
Tuition fee already includes:
- Lessons in the program (25 lessons per week);
- Accommodation and meals (double rooms in the residence, full board);
- Teaching aids, books and materials;
- Leisure and entertainment activities;
- Excursions (usually on weekends);
- Parent progress reports (twice per course);
- Weekly trip to Maryland (Ocean City);
- Medical insurance (+ insurance against accidents).
Next options are paid additionally:
- Consular fee (paid at the embassy);
- Visa fees and services, translation and certification of documents;
- Air tickets in both directions;
- Personal pocket expenses.