Univesity Pathway (German) in Gisma Business School Berlin
- Age of participants: from 16 years;
- Duration of the programs: from 13 to 48 weeks;
- Beginning of classes: throughout the year (every month of the year);
- Training format: full-time;
- Number of people in the group: maximum 16;
- Level of education:
- For admission to Studienkolleg and baccalaureate:
- Diploma of secondary school / period of study at the university.
- For applicants to the Master's program:
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Knowledge of the German language: from A1;
- Language of instruction: German;
- Participants: International students.
Business School of Gizma Berlin provides foreign students with a program of preparation and adaptation for admission to German universities. Programs are designed for graduates of schools, students or bachelors - depending on the specific goal and objectives, students choose one of three types of the course:
- UPP: Pathway Studienkolleg (Preparation for Studies);
- UPP: Pathway University (Preparing for the University);
- UPP: Pathway University + TestDaF (Preparing for the University + preparation for the exam).
Training lasts from 13 to 48 weeks: duration is chosen according to the level of the language (the lower the level, the longer the study). International student can enter the program starting from level A1, successively passing all the steps. Each level is given 9 weeks (8 of them are active classes, 1 is independent work) and 180 lessons. The University Pathway provides an excellent opportunity to get acquainted with the way of life in the country, the rules of behavior accepted in society, and adapt to the educational system. All students receive extended consultations on admission to educational institutions on such issues as:
- Full information on specific specialties and on-demand programs;
- Overview of Universities in Germany;
- Detailed analysis of requirements for the program of interest;
- The procedure for submitting applications and providing documents;
- Other questions regarding admission and study.
Programs are developed in the most qualitative way and give foreign students a maximum of useful knowledge and skills. Language classes are conducted in conjunction with the prestigious and well-known school The Language Gallery, whose employees have an exceptionally high level of skills and extensive work experience. Lessons are built around the main sections of linguistics:
- Grammar and vocabulary;
- Written speech;
Much attention is paid to the skills of active conversational speech - the system of full immersion promotes the development of the ability to accurately and correctly formulate thoughts and ideas. Due to the small number of people in groups and the high level of professionalism, each student receives maximum attention and an individual approach. Teachers are always ready to explain any complex topic / question.
UPP: Pathway Studienkolleg (Preparation for Student School)
In Germany, there are special educational institutions designed for graduates of schools of foreign states, which need to bring the level of knowledge and education in accordance with the requirements of the German system. For example, the duration of a full school course in the country is 12-13 grades, which does not always correspond to the school certificate of another country. It is this difference that the program of such colleges replenishes, but for getting there it is necessary to have a sufficiently high level of German. The training course can last up to 40 weeks, depending on what level the entrant has and from what level he starts training. The consecutive curriculum includes four levels of language (A1, A2, B1, B2, 180 lessons per level) + a specialized preparation course for the college (Studienkolleg Prep, 80 lessons). In addition to language classes, students receive advice on preparing for the admission tests (this is mainly German and mathematics tests). Graduates enter prestigious and well-known educational institutions (Studienkolleg):
- Studienkolleg Karlsruhe;
- Studienkolleg Köthen;
- Studienkolleg Mainz;
- Studienkolleg Nordhausen;
- Studienkolleg FU Berlin;
- Studienkolleg Hamburg;
- Studienkolleg Hannover;
- Studienkolleg Kaiserslautern.
UPP: Pathway University (Preparing for a direct entry into the university)
Applicants striving for direct admission to German universities for bachelor's or master's programs must have an appropriate level of education (12-13 years of schooling or a bachelor's degree). The duration of the training is up to 44 weeks, depending on the entry level. The course includes sequential leveling (A1, A2, B1, B2, 9 weeks and 180 lessons each) and an intensive 8-week module at C1 level (160 lessons). In addition to the standard classes, preparation for the entrance exams of DHS and TELC C1 is included.
UPP: Pathway University + TestDaF (Preparing for the University + preparation for the exam)
This option combines preparation for the university with preparation for the passing of the TestDaF - a prestigious and popular exam that foreign students who want to enroll in German universities take over. If the exam is successfully passed, a certificate is issued that proves the level of skills and knowledge of a particular student. Training can last up to 48 weeks inclusive, the duration depends on the level of the applicant. Levels A1 to B2 last for 9 weeks, 8 of which are allocated for active work, and 1 for independent training. Next comes the 8-week module C1, and closes the cycle 4-week specialized preparation for TestDaf. All aspects and sections of the exam are examined in detail, the teachers give practical recommendations on the performance of certain tasks. High indicators of the TestDaf certificate give significant advantages when entering German universities. The classes include elements of preparation for DHS and TELC C1.
Universities of the country in which UPP graduates are most often admitted:
- FU Berlin;
- TU Berlin;
- Technische Universität Braunschweig;
- Technische Universität Clausthal;
- Hochschule Coburg;
- Johan Wolfgang von Goethe University Frankfurt am Main;
- Leibniz Universität Hannover;
- Hochschule Hannover;
- Christian Albrechts Universität zu Kiel;
- Hochschule für Telekommunikation Leipzig;
- Phillips Universität Marburg;
- Johannes Gutenberg Universität Mainz;
- Hochschule Stralsund;
- Hochschule Wismar.