Studying in Switzerland: every day is an inspiring experience
Any country is a special mentality, culture, natural landscape, standard of living. Each country is suitable for its resident. As well as a particular university - its student. Alexandra Pyshmintseva always knew for sure that she would not study in her native city, but at least in the capital, or abroad. Somewhere out there, in a big metropolis, at an international university, she saw herself surrounded by interesting people, events, ideas. The girl's dream came true. In on-line correspondence Alexander agreed to briefly tell our readers about her studies in "Swiss School of Hotel Management IHTTI »:
- How did you end up in Switzerland? How did you choose the educational program?
- When I was in the last grades of the school, I was fortunate enough to become a participant of the UN conference in Geneva. From this trip, I started thinking about studying in Switzerland. After a series of real meetings with different people, living, studying and working in this country, I realized that I would like to get an education there: I was endlessly attracted by travel, new experience, communication and promising areas of service. So I realized that the hotel business is what I need.
- With what difficulties did you face when studying abroad?
- There were no special problems: everything was organized at the highest level, and we did not have time for "swinging". Very quickly, and tightened and learning, and new hobbies, and new people, so I did not have time to get bored or sad about something.
- Bring some striking examples describing the life of a student at a Swiss university.
- The locals are quite friendly. Perhaps the Swiss might seem a little "unnatural", because they know how to hide their emotions and not show true attitude towards you. The main thing is not to disturb their peace and comfort zone. In general, the student's life in Switzerland is wonderful. There it is safe, there are many opportunities for entertainment, because of the close distances you can easily move from city to city or to other countries to change your environment and impressions.
- What are your relationships with teachers and classmates? What was the most exciting in the process of studying?
- In the school there was a special family atmosphere, I had excellent relations with teachers and classmates. When you are in the same space 24 hours 7 days a week, it remains only with all to establish contact. With classmates, relationships are tied up at once: as much time is spent working on joint projects. Students and teachers of my university - this is generally a separate topic! I love them very much. Everyone brought something new and memorable to my life! As for learning, I immediately got involved, prepared assignments with enthusiasm and went to all classes with pleasure. Again, the whole process of studying is very organized and well-established, you just need to properly manage your time. I was very fond of making presentations, as you can learn everything: professionally build them, clearly speak, respond quickly to questions, manage attention and be able to present yourself to people.
- How much is the cost of studying and living in Switzerland? How a newcomer can adapt to it?
- The cost of my studying included accommodation, meals, insurance and so on. I believe that the price is justified, given the standard of living in Switzerland. In addition, from the first year of study, all students undergo compulsory paid internships in hotels in Switzerland and other countries of the world, so it is possible to partially recover the funds spent. It is difficult to say how much money you need for additional expenses: everyone spends differently. I advise newly arrived students not to get lost and be sociable, then everything will be fine.
- What educational programs in Switzerland do you consider the most attractive for foreign students? What do you recommend to those who hesitates over a choice?
- I can say with confidence that studying the sphere of tourism, design, hospitality in Switzerland is perspective and attractive! This is one of the fastest growing spheres of business, they do not stand still, they are innovative. Travel is a trend, and tourism and hospitality industry is a lifestyle. In my opinion, the future student needs to carefully study main subjects - each university has some special feature and direction. And best of all to seek help from specialists of the company "SMAPSE" , they have enormous opportunities and knowledge related to accompanying students abroad, they will help in choosing an educational institution and program.
- What was the most inspiring experience during the educational program?
- Every day was and is for me an inspiring experience, something new and unexplored is constantly happening in my life. Such variety is an inspiration! The environment, the overall working and friendly atmosphere in studying influences me. In my case, all the guys came to our school with one common desire - to get education and new experience, to make a jump on the career ladder and to develop further. That is why, according to the law of synergy in the learning process, I was in constant tonus and wanted to move only forward.
- How does your career develop at the moment?
- Now I work as an assistant to the general director in a chain of world-class hotels. I can not say that it was very easy to find a job, but it's not an industry or a specific person's problem, it's just a process that requires time, resources, knowledge and skills.
- With what country do you associate your professional future?
- At the moment I live and work in Russia. It is difficult to plan something further, and I do not want to! Now, it seems to me, it's time to live in Russia, but I will not make a guess. I always have the opportunity to work in another country thanks to the education in Switzerland .
Contact of a representative of the IHTTI School of Hotel Management:
e-mail: mail @smapse.com