Mon-Fri 8-17, Sat-Sun 10-16
(UK time)
Онлайн Выставка 27-28 февраля с 11-00 до 19-00 (МСК)
Ведущие школы и университеты за рубежом

Preparing for Switzerland Universities - frequently asked questions

I study at the third year of university, I have a language certificate in German - can I transfer to a Swiss university for the same course?

The admission committee of your chosen university may well consider your request. You need to provide a TestDAF certificate for knowledge of the German language, a report card with the results of studies with grades. However, usually foreign students are enrolled for 1 course - this is a common practice associated with the difference in educational systems.

I received a bachelor's degree in St. Petersburg State University. Can I enroll in a master's program at the University of St. Gallen? Interested in the faculty of international relations.

You can apply for a place in the Master's program , if you received a bachelor's degree in the same specialty - "International Relations". You must provide the admission committee with the following documents:

  • Receipt for payment of registration fee (250 CHF)
  • Certificate of secondary education (certified and translated copy in English / German, after you pass the entrance test, you will need to provide the original)
  • Bachelor's Degree in relevant specialty (translated and certified)
  • Confirmation of registration on the program (it is sent to the student after sending the electronic application)
  • Curriculum of the passed disciplines with indication of the points received (translated into English / German). This is required so that the items you studied could be counted in the translation, there was no duplication of the training course.
  • Motivation letter written by the student himself
  • 2 passport-size photographs (30x40 mm, without corners or ovals, colored, glossy, clear and qualitative, open face (if there are no religious prohibitions))
  • Brief CV in English / German (CV)
  • Copy of valid passport
  • 2 letters of recommendation (English / German): they should be written on the letterhead of your university, with the stamp and signature of the official, must be sent in a sealed, closed envelope
  • Results of educational and language tests: GRE (from 760 points), TOEFL (from 600 points, Internet version - from 100 points and computer testing - from 250 points); IELTS (from 7,5)
  • The description of the assessment system at your university (on what basis are points, grades, tests, with explanations in English / German).

The documents must be sent before August 30, and the electronic pre-order is from February 1 to April 30.

What specialties can I enroll in the University of Lausanne, if I have Russian citizenship?

On any, except medical faculty.

What documents should I submit to the admission committee if I apply for a place on the bachelor's program at the University of Lausanne?

You must prepare a certificate of secondary education in the Russian school, a certificate of knowledge of the French language , as well as confirmation of training in a Russian university for 2 years.

I want to enroll in a master's program at the University of Lausanne. Is this possible for Russian students? What steps do I need to take?

You must provide a bachelor's degree in the relevant field. In the application you must, in addition to the rest of the information, prove the equivalence of the specialty you receive to the one you send to - a special form is usually provided for this. The rest of the documents are standard, their complete list for you will be clarified by our specialist (the package may vary slightly depending on the institution you want to enroll in).

I plan to enter the University of Lausanne - I know that it is necessary to prove a sufficient level of linguistic training. What certificates do I need to provide for this?

To prove the admissions committee a sufficient level of your knowledge of the French language , it is enough to have DELF or DALF certificates .

Who certifies documents when applying to a foreign university?

All documents requiring certification must pass through an official notary or be certified directly in the embassy of Switzerland .

I plan to enter the University of Lausanne, but I'm afraid that I will not have time to finish "conditional" enrollment before the start of the academic year. Will I be accepted for the course?

No, if you do not have time to go through all the stages of enrollment, including "conditional", you are not allowed to study.

In the list of documents for admission to the University of Lausanne required to provide a CV (CV) - what should be its volume?

The CV must be up to 2 printed pages.

Is there a Bachelor's and Master's program in the universities of Switzerland in English, and not in French? Especially interested in the University of Lausanne.

Usually English is taught by the Bachelor of Arts course. For master's programs, the choice is more: Master of Arts / Languages, Master of Science in Actuarial Science / Economics; Also in English the Master of Science in Finance / Management programs are taught, but for them to study they will still need a good level of French, since some of the disciplines are read in French .

How can I certify the Russian certificate and prove that it is equivalent to the Swiss diploma? Almost all universities in Switzerland require this procedure.

You will need to translate and officially certify both your diploma and the subjects listed in it. If you want to transfer scores in some disciplines to a new institution , then in the Application Form you must put a note on the need to confirm the equivalent. For example, the University of Lausanne sends an additional form, which fills your university.

Who can send me letters of recommendation? Are there any strict rules for their registration?

All letters of recommendation must be printed on the letterhead of your university, with its stamp and signature of the authorized person. Usually, letters are received from teachers, employees of the dean's office and the administration.

I plan to enroll in the University of Lausanne - what are the opportunities for living in my case? Is the hostel provided, if so, what should I do to get a place?

Specifically, there is no hostel at the University of Lausanne: the university helps to find a rented apartment (room, apartment, apartment), its cost is about 500 CHF per month.

What does the cost of studying at the University of Lausanne include?

University of Lausanne, like most Swiss universities, includes directly in the cost of training and using the entire infrastructure: libraries, laboratories, computer classes, etc. Accommodation and meals are paid separately according to the capabilities of a particular student.

Does the University of Lausanne have the opportunity to study and practice? What are my career opportunities for the release?

Most faculties, especially applied sciences, provide their students with the opportunity to study and practice, gaining useful experience. Many national and international companies, knowing about the prestige of the university and the quality of its educational programs, leave applications for specialists of a specific orientation - and a student who is eligible according to the stated criteria can claim this place.

Soon I finish school (specialized gymnasium with in-depth study of foreign languages) - can I continue my studies at the University of Berne (Switzerland)? With what it is necessary to begin preparation?

All the required information you can find on the pages of our catalog - on the site you tried to post the answers to all your questions. Our specialist will give you a full free consultation on the issues of admission to Switzerland , will help to choose an educational institution and program, according to your needs and requirements, opportunities and goals.

I want to get a higher education in Switzerland - I heard that for this purpose it is recommended to pass the Foundation preparatory course in about 9 months. What if I need to not only tighten my tongue, but also improve my academic skills? Judging by the reviews, studying abroad (specifically interested in the faculty of management) requires special skills and skills. Are there similar preparatory programs in Switzerland itself, or will you first have to visit another country?

In order to successfully study at a Swiss university , you really need to know French or German well , depending on the language in which the training will be conducted. The university itself will tell you the main subjects of the program of this or that faculty, and you will be able to choose the preparatory course precisely in these areas. Our specialist will help you with a choice, if you find it difficult to navigate in the variety of offers.

We want to give our son a higher education in Switzerland with a specialization in Hospitality and Tourism, he finishes 11th grade (he will be 17.5 at the time of graduation). What universities can you advise us, necessarily prestigious and respected? How do they do it, how much will it cost? Maybe, before this it is worth to register for any preparatory courses?

Your specialty - "Hospitality and Tourism" - is extremely popular and in demand in Switzerland , so there are a lot of training offers. From prestigious and rating options we can offer you Les Roches, Glion , Cezar Ritz , HIM , IHTTI . Requirements for applicants may vary depending on the institution chosen. In general, the admission committee needs your certificate of sufficient English, a motivation letter ( it is written by the student himself ), a certificate of full secondary education. As for the cost, there are also a number of influencing factors, but you can target a figure of 35,000 CHF for the academic year.

The daughter wants to get a higher education in Switzerland with a specialty in biochemistry (biochemical engineering is also being considered), she liked the EPFL (Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne). This summer she finishes the A-level course in the UK. Would you please recommend the universities in Switzerland with these directions: how to enter, what language you need to know, how much does the training cost?

Many federal universities in Switzerland highly value the A-level certificate . At the EPFL university you have, there is a required program: it is mostly conducted in French , but about a third of the lectures are in English , so you need to know two languages. After receiving a Swiss Bachelor's Diploma, you can apply for a Master's degree (entirely in English). You can find exact requirements for admission on the university's website (they can be edited a little from year to year) - our specialist will help you to collect the required documents, translate them and fill out the application correctly.

Such question: whether it is possible to work with your company remotely? Now I'm abroad and can not visit your office and work directly. I am interested in foreign master's programs in the field of International Relations in English, ideally with a focus on the countries of the Near and Middle East. I'm 27 years old, I have higher education (Oriental Studies and Economics); I choose among European countries (with the exception of Great Britain), I plan to start my studies in the autumn.

Of course, you will be able to conclude a contract with us remotely, not being in Russia, and we will help you enroll in the chosen university to the required specialty. Pay attention to the private universities of Webster University and Franklin College (they are in Switzerland ). Webster University has the specialty "International Relations", and here there are elective courses on Eastern countries; Franklin College provides the direction "Political Science" - there are some subjects like "International Relations", "Politics of the Near and Middle East". But these disciplines are usually read in German or French , so you will have to bring up the linguistic skills and skills to the required level.

I apply for a place in the bachelor's program at the University of Switzerland (management). I have a higher education, but on a pedagogical specialty. I found information that for the translation I need to provide a certificate of language proficiency, a certificate of secondary education and pass the Friborg exam. At the same time, I met data that for Russian applicants the requirements differ: you need to additionally study at least 2 years in the Russian university. It turns out that the Friborg exam is equivalent to two years of study at a university? Which option is correct?

We recommend focusing not on Russian-language sources, where information can be distorted, but on official websites of Swiss universities . If necessary, our manager will recheck for you information about a particular school.

I have a higher education (historical) and I want to get a second higher education at the University of Lausanne, I'm interested in the specialty "Tourism", I speak only English. I found out that at the indicated university there are annual courses of the French language, which are just offered to foreign applicants. Specify for me, please: how to enter the courses (terms, documents, conditions), the cost of your services. Do I have to take mathematics as an introductory test? Maybe there are other good preparatory courses? I want to do it from the first time and do not waste time in vain.

For your situation we can advise training in the higher schools of the hotel business - there are a lot of them in Switzerland , as the direction is quite popular, developed and popular. To enter such a school, you need to confirm your knowledge of English and your desire to work and develop precisely in the field of tourism; Knowledge of the second foreign language is desirable, but not necessarily.

I have a higher education, obtained in Azerbaijan University (specialty - "Bachelor of Biology", "Master in Human and Animal Physiology"). I was interested in the opportunity to continue my studies in Switzerland - I know English and German, but at an intermediate level. Can I qualify for a place in the universities of Geneva and Lausanne? They seemed to me the most prestigious.

For a more accurate answer, we need to know the specialty for which you plan to arrive in Switzerland . Both in Lausanne and in Geneva the official language is French, so the training of undergraduates is likely to be conducted in French, and only electives in English. You need to improve the knowledge of the French language and confirm it with the appropriate certificate (for example, DALF ), giving it to the admissions committee.

I finish the 10th grade (16 years) and really want to study in Switzerland for the specialty "Hospitality and Tourism", I also consider "International Relations". I know English well, so I choose programs in English. Interested in the University of Glion. Tell me, what is the best way to organize the entry process after grade 11? What is the cost of admission, training and your services - maybe there are any profitable offers or there are ways of free education for Russian students?

We provide enrollment and income services absolutely free of charge through direct cooperation with all institutions represented on our website. In the UK and Switzerland there is no free education for foreigners - if you are interested in free programs, they are ready to pick up proposals for you in other European countries (there are English versions there).

If you stop at the specialty "Hospitality and Tourism" - choose Switzerland, here these areas are very developed and in demand. You will need to confirm a good level of English by providing an IELTS or TOEFL certificate. If the "International relations" is more important, in Switzerland this direction is conducted either in German or in French - studying in English of this specialty is possible only in Great Britain.

Graduates of the Russian school, before entering the universities of England or Switzerland , must at least two years to study at a Russian university for a similar specialty. An alternative is an international course abroad - for example, A-level or IB , they are offered by the vast majority of private boarding schools or international colleges. There is also an option to take the course of the Foundation : it is designed for only one year, in contrast to the two-year IB or A-level, but limits the number of institutions where you can apply.

The cost of training varies considerably and depends on many factors. With quotations you can find in the relevant section of our site - we indicated the price of each program of each institution and the amount of additional fees and fees.

I want to study in Switzerland, at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH Zurich) in the specialty "Economics": I want to get a profession related to business or management in advertising. Priority is the enrollment after the 11th grade - but I already know that Swiss universities require from Russian schoolchildren at least 2 years of education in their home university plus a Friborg exam for foreigners. Is it compulsory to finish these two courses for admission to ETH Zurich? In which language do the programs I choose are taught?

Yes, ETH Zurich, like any federal state university in Switzerland, requires from Russian entrants at least 2 years of education in a Russian university. Also you will need to demonstrate a good level of German (international certificate with points no lower than B2) for successful training and personal interviews.

She studied in Ireland: lived a total of 4 years, finishing high school and first year of university. I realized that the chosen course does not suit me at all - can I continue studying at a Swiss university?

Studying in Ireland , you studied in English and received English secondary education . Proceeding from this, we suggest that you pay attention to private universities, where there are many programs in English. Federal state universities usually teach in German or French, sometimes Italian (depending on the canton in which the university is located). Be ready to provide the admissions committee with an international certificate of language proficiency (minimum B2).

I finish my studies on the bachelor's degree program with double diplomas: I plan to get a diploma from the London School of Economics in September, and the diploma of the Russian model in July of the next year, the general estimates are both average (banking and finance). Do I have the opportunity to continue my education in a Swiss university and subsequently acquire the citizenship of this country? Please consult about the bachelor's degree program (second higher education), magistracy and MBA.

In addition to excellent academic training (and these are grades above the average), you will need an excellent knowledge of a foreign language - in Switzerland it is French, German or Italian (depending on the canton where the university is located). You have about a year to learn the language, but, alas, as practice shows, this is often not enough. We recommend that you spend more time on the training process.

Training in the magistracy is possible in English in several specialties, but only after the completion of higher education (bachelor's) at home.

The MBA is an advanced training program for senior and middle managers, managers and managers: here you need to show real work experience (usually from 2 years), and not just the diploma of yesterday's student - the latter will not be enough.

Has received in Russia a higher education in the specialty "Jurisprudence" - has now become fired by the desire to study in Switzerland (the University of Geneva) on the philological. How can I do what it takes?

At the University of Geneva you indicated, all undergraduate programs and most master's programs are taught in French, so you definitely need to get and present a DELF or DALF certificate with points from B2 and above. The rest of the package of documents depends on the selected year of admission and your level of academic preparation - details for you will be clarified by the manager when the direction, university and deadline will be finally chosen.

I studied for a whole year in Switzerland (German AFS course), I have the Certificate of TestDAF (C1-C2). I want to graduate from the University of St. Gallen - read what they take with my level of language at the preparatory Foundation. Can the Foundation replace the required two years of study in a Russian university?

Alas, the Foundation course is mostly invalid for Swiss universities - you will have to finish two courses at a Russian university in a similar specialty (equivalent to the one you are planning to enroll in St. Gallen).

She graduated from the Founadation course in England and has another year of study at the design faculty. I would like to change the course and study in Switzerland hotel business and tourism. Do I need a good level of mathematics and economics? What exams will I need to take for this direction? What is the cost of studying and living?

Your educational level is sufficient for the higher schools of the hotel business in Switzerland : the approximate cost of the term is 28000 CHF, and the accommodation is 3000-5000 CHF per term (depending on the chosen level - hotel, room, apartment or studio, apartment, comfort level, food etc.). Additional costs and fees we register in each profile of the educational institution posted on our website. We will help you find the best option for you and choose a good institution, based on your requirements and goals.

I soon graduated from the Philological Faculty in Russia - I want to continue my studies, but on the specialty "Psychology", I consider Germany or Switzerland. Can I enroll in a Master's program immediately, or will I have to undergo an undergraduate program again?

The decision to enroll you in a given course is taken by the directly selected university . If the admissions committee finds that your volume of studied disciplines is sufficient and you have good, high academic scores, you can start the training immediately in the magistracy.

I plan to study in Switzerland after 11th grade, I study English for a long time and successfully, I plan to start studying French. And yet, are there any programs in the Swiss universities in English?

Yes, there are such universities and faculties - pay attention to such universities as European University , Webster, Franklin College.

Can I enroll at the University of St. Gallen after graduating from high school in Greece, or will it take two years to study at the Greek University?

In general, if your academic results are high enough and you have a DAF language certificate (level C1 and above), you can go to the University of St. Gallen immediately after grade 11. But at the same time, two university courses passed in Greece are a tangible advantage for the Swiss Admissions Committee (taking into account training for a similar specialty).

I study in the third year: the economic faculty, the specialty "Business Informatics". I consider the possibility after the completion of the bachelor's course to continue education in Switzerland (undergraduate or graduate, as it will). What specialties does it make sense to file documents? Only for a similar "Business Informatics" or you can choose others, for example, "Banking"? Do I need to study for a chosen specialty 2 years in a Russian university? Where can I get acquainted with the rating of Swiss universities in order to choose the best one?

The educational system in Switzerland , including the higher one , is excellently developed and adjusted, therefore almost all universities have high national and world ratings and ratings. Concerning economic disciplines, we recommend that you pay attention to the University of St. Gallen.

In general, the state universities of the country are quite loyal to foreign students. You need to confirm your high academic and language level: if the admissions committee deems it sufficient, you can be admitted to the specialty "Banking", and immediately to the magistracy, but this question is always decided individually (depends on the student and the institution). If you are looking for a master's degree in English, be sure to prepare an international IELTS certificate (score from 7.0); You will also need to know French, German or Italian at a household level sufficient for communication (the choice of language depends on the canton where the training is planned). For a second higher education you will need a very high level of the official language of your chosen canton.

Be attentive to the university entrance requirements and follow them exactly. Remember that it may take up to 2-3 months for you to obtain a study visa to Switzerland, so please consider this issue in advance.

How many trimesters at the University of Lausanne last?

The academic year is divided into trimesters: autumn (from September 15 to December 19), spring (from February 16 to May 29). Vacations are waiting for students from 9 to 20 April, and for examinations there are separate credit periods (9 - 31 January, 8 June - 4 July, 17 August - 5 September).

Can the University (specifically I consider the University of Lausanne) help with the receipt of Permit B? Maybe the university can send the initial request to the immigration service or the consulate, monitors the results and the answer?

Universities in Switzerland do not help students get the coveted Permit B, this task lies entirely on the shoulders of entrants.

How is the certification in Swiss universities? Is the percentage of students dropping out after 1-2 years? If possible, specify this information for the University of Lausanne.

The assessment of the work of students is carried out with the help of ECTS educational credits (credit units). For each subject and direction, a certain number of credits can be obtained: they are credited for attendance (and lectures, and seminars), test results and practical work, the quality of performing independent work. For 1 year you can collect up to 60 credits (1 credit - about 25-30 hours of work).

Callback Free course selection Online consultant