- Secondary education for children and schoolchildren in Canada, Vancouver
- Features of teaching Russian in Canada
- How to enter professional colleges and universities in Canada
- Language courses in Vancouver
- Popular Colleges and Universities
- Pre-university programs for students in Vancouver
Vancouver is a major port city in Canada that has developed infrastructure and is a place with a very high standard of living; a large number of foreign students come here to receive education. Here you can combine study and rest, as well as fully enjoy the amazing nature: the Pacific Ocean, forests, mountains.
It distinguishes Canada from the fact that it is one of the most progressive and modern countries in the world: it pays special attention to the latest technical developments, develops the economy of the country, science - accordingly, all this is reflected in the high level of education.
Secondary education for children and schoolchildren in Canada, Vancouver
For secondary education, students learn 12 years at different levels:
- from 6 to 11 years old - primary school
- from 12 to 14 years old - secondary school
- from 14 to 18 years old - high school.
In 15-16 years, the national education system allows students to complete their training in school and continue it in college, at the end of which graduates receive professional education (training duration from 1 to 4 years). Higher education students in universities on bachelor programs (4 years), magistracy (2-3 years) and doctoral studies (2-4 years).
Features of teaching Russian in Canada
There are many options for children and students with different levels of English and academic training.
The main advantage of studying Russian schoolchildren and students in Canada is that they can enter the Canadian university right after the end of the 11th grade of the Russian school: a certificate of secondary education and the results of a language exam is sufficient for admission. Russian students can also enroll in a Canadian college, get a professional education, and then transfer immediately to the 3-4 course of the undergraduate program at the university.
For students who have already completed several courses at a Russian university, a pleasant bonus when entering the University of Canada is the ability to read the hours they have been listening, if the educational programs coincide.
How to enter professional colleges and universities in Canada
Canada is one of the few countries that recognize the Russian secondary school certificate. To enter the university, you must also pass a language exam: for admission to the English-language program - TOEFL , IELTS , for admission to the program in French - DALF . Additionally, students fill out an application and write a motivation letter when submitting documents.
Language courses in Vancouver
Canada has two official languages - French and English - which creates comfortable conditions for their study: students have the opportunity to communicate with native speakers daily. English is more common, but in many universities the curriculum is partly taught in French (knowledge of French is not necessary for Russians and foreigners to study in Vancouver).
Types of linguistic programs for children and adults:
- Academic English
- IELTS, TOEFL courses
- business English courses
- business English
- courses CAE , FCE , CPE
- individual training
- courses for vacation time for children.
When students enter the university, more stringent requirements are imposed than in the college - if the level of knowledge is not enough to understand the curriculum in parallel, you can study English. The intensity of the program and the duration of the courses depend on the student's level of preparation and his desired results.
Popular Colleges and Universities
- Columbia College
- Langara College
- elite university Simon Fraser University
- University of British Columbia with its own laboratory for research
- British Columbia Institute of Technology.
Pre-university programs for students in Vancouver
Before entering the institute, students can complete a preparatory program to gain academic knowledge, improve their English language skills and readiness to study at the university. Types of pre-university courses:
- University Transfer Program - available, for example, in Fraser International College , which operates on the basis of the top university of Canada - Simon Fraser University. The program lasts 2 years: after the second year of study, if the required number of educational credits is successfully collected, the student can be transferred immediately to the second course of Simon Fraser University. The cost is from 18000 $ CAD / academic year.
- University Pathway Program - after passing the program, you can transfer to the university without additional entrance examinations. This opportunity is provided by the language school ILSC Vancouver, which has partnered with institutions around the world.
- International Baccalaureate - 2 years of study: a special course for high school students to prepare for entering the university (the learning process includes academic classes and language training). In the private school Alexander Academy the program is available for children from 16 to 18 years at a price of $ 15,800 CAD / academic year.
- Film School in Vancouver Vancouver Film School conducts the preparatory courses of the University Pathway Program in conjunction with the University of Wilfrid Laurier University. After the end of the program, students can apply immediately to the second year of the bachelor's degree. The main directions: film production, script art for cinema and television, actors of cinema and television.