- Topical information for Russian schoolchildren: how to enter the best universities in Holland
- What should be considered for schoolchildren who dream of studying abroad:
- List of requirements of top-level institutions for foreigners:
The modern Dutch educational system will allow to open all the potential of the schoolboy, to feel the opening sea of opportunities and to gain invaluable experience in a multinational country.
Topical information for Russian schoolchildren: how to enter the best universities in Holland
As a rule, very often foreign students significantly increase their chances of enrolling in the passage of special programs:
- Foundation is a program specially developed for schoolchildren from abroad. Intensive course will improve the knowledge of academic subjects, improve the level of English , adapt to the new student environment. In addition, in order to enroll in research universities, this program is mandatory: subject to the successful completion of the course, the student is enrolled in the chosen direction without entrance examinations. The duration of studies can vary from 2 to 12 months, as well as prices: from 3,000 euros to 4,500 euros for six months and from 6,000 euros to 9,000 euros for the year of study. It is possible to prepare for the university qualitatively and interestingly at Wittenborg University of Applied Sciences - here we offer quality International Foundation courses for students over 18 years old.
- Preparatory year - a course of preparation that allows you to enter any university at the choice after passing the program (however, this type of program does not require assistance in admission, the entire procedure for enrolling the student passes by itself). This course is more often offered by applied universities and higher schools. For example, the Holland International Study Center invites students to improve the language level and take a course in Business and Management.
- Transfer program - a program of comprehensive preparation for the university developed for students from other countries, subject to the successful study of which it is possible to apply immediately to the second year of the university. Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences has developed the On Campus course specifically for those who wish to enroll in the University of Amsterdam.
What should be considered for schoolchildren who dream of studying abroad:
- Firstly, the Dutch education system allows Russian applicants to immediately graduate to the country's university . However, for studies in research universities, it is usually a mandatory requirement that a minimum of one year of study in a national institution of higher education or a special preparatory program for the Foundation
- With the school certificate applicants can enter the university only if they have a high average score or successful exam results
- Arriving from abroad, you must provide only a standard package of documents, entrance examinations are not required
- When entering the universities of research and development, it is necessary to pass test tasks, and in a creative institution to provide a portfolio
- Training takes place in both English and Dutch and German. 98% of Dutch speak fluent English
- The educational system of Holland has largely adopted the principles of teaching children in the UK: interactive nature, practical orientation, teamwork
- The basic principles of education include the independence of students, the lack of "binding", the development of independence, education of the all-round personality
- Modern programs are focused on practice, students learn to find a practical way out of any situation in any scientific field
- This country is perfect for dreamers who want to build a career in law, finance, management, computer technology
- The cost of training for the year will be from 6000 euros to 14500 euros
- Accommodation in the Dutch hostel will range from 6,000 euros to 9,000 euros per year.
List of requirements of top-level institutions for foreigners:
- High school diploma
- IELTS or TOEFL certificates
- Statement on the website of the university
- Motivation letter
For successful admission, careful preparation is recommended for the year before admission. Among the conditions of admission, the knowledge of the language may be the most fateful, therefore, it is especially worthwhile to pay attention to mastering the necessary linguistic skills for living in another country.
In addition to language requirements, it is necessary to determine the desired direction and place for future study. You can get higher education in higher schools, oriented more toward practical training, or at universities that provide more extensive fundamental knowledge.