- Reasons for studying at prestigious schools abroad for international students
- The main characteristics of studying in advanced schools abroad are useful information for foreign students
- The main advantages of obtaining secondary education in elite private schools abroad
- How much does it cost to receive a prestigious secondary education in schools abroad?
- List of required documents for enrollment in top schools abroad - useful information for foreign students
- Educational programs of the British and American educational systems in ranking private schools abroad
Reasons for studying at prestigious schools abroad for international students
It is rather difficult for parents to decide on sending their 11-year-old child to study at leading schools abroad. So, there is a change in the linguistic, social, as well as academic environment. If the foreign student is unprepared for independent living in the territory of the school residence, then it is worth choosing a school with a full-time education format. At the same time, among foreign students from 14 to 18 years old, the option of placement on the campus, which provides for studying and accommodation at school, is popular. At the same time, round-the-clock supervision of schoolchildren is guaranteed.
The main advantage of studying in elite schools abroad is a significant improvement in the level of knowledge of a foreign languages. It is widely known that without knowing a foreign language, it is practically impossible to build a successful career in large international organizations. The minus of learning a foreign language in the motherland is due to the fact that the student receives good reading and grammar skills, while there is no intensive language practice in the framework of communication. Moreover, this particular factor is the key to success in learning a foreign language.
Thus, in leading schools abroad, a foreign student will be able to effectively learn a foreign language, reaching the level of a native speaker. Through complete immersion in the linguistic environment, there is a quick overcoming of the communicative and linguistic barrier, some youthful shyness.
The main characteristics of studying in advanced schools abroad are useful information for foreign students
Classes are held in small classrooms, which ensures the application of an individual approach to studying. In addition, only experienced and professional educators are involved in teaching. As part of studying at top schools abroad, international students develop such personal qualities as independence, unleashing of creative potential, and upholding one's own point of view. In addition, students acquire skills in analyzing information, thinking, and also making decisions independently.
Through a permanent stay in an international environment, a foreign student of 14 years is given an excellent opportunity to establish useful and interesting acquaintances, to learn about the new culture and traditions of the country of study. Children constantly communicate with peers who are representatives of the most different countries of the world. At the same time, in the framework of living together with other foreign teenagers, it will be able to quickly find a common language with representatives of different countries of the world.
The material base of leading schools abroad deserves special mention. In particular, classrooms and laboratories are equipped with the latest technology, children are free to visit huge libraries. For an interesting leisure, students visit modern gyms and venues, as well as music classes.
In their free hours, students can go horse riding, golf, skiing, tennis, football, etc. depending on the individual interests and hobbies of the student. At the same time, specialized sports schools are successfully operating on the campus. Classes are conducted under the supervision and guidance of experienced coaches.
It is also worth noting that leading private schools abroad conduct close cooperation with host families, which provide all the necessary conditions for the comfortable placement of students.
The main advantages of obtaining secondary education in elite private schools abroad
- High level of quality educational services
Over the centuries, educational traditions have been formed in the best schools abroad. Thus, effective educational programs and teaching methods are offered to the attention of foreign students. At the same time, advanced foreign schools are actively introducing modern educational methods, in particular, this is an interactive teaching format, the use of innovative technology, online platforms, and various electronic resources.
- High prestige of education in foreign schools
So, having on hand a certificate of secondary education in a British or other school, a graduate can not doubt the high assessment of such a certificate. He has every chance to enter any rating in the world, while getting excellent career prospects.
- Stay in a multicultural environment, immersion in a new linguistic and cultural environment of a new country
A unique international environment has been created within the walls of the best schools abroad, since representatives from all over the world are studied. Thus, a foreign student will be able to establish useful contacts with peers living in different countries of the world. In addition, staying in an international environment in children develops such personal qualities as independence, upholding one’s own point of view, and tolerance.
- Large selection of foreign languages to learn
At the time of graduation in an advanced school abroad, the graduate speaks a foreign language at the native speaker level. In addition, on an additional basis, 2-3 foreign languages can be studied at a good level. So, Switzerland is assigned the status of a linguistic center due to official multilingualism, as well as the international situation. Thus, upon graduation, the graduate speaks English, French and German. Teaching of Spanish and German is provided on an optional basis. Agree that, having mastered several foreign languages, the graduate receives a significant bonus in the framework of prospective employment. Through complete immersion in the linguistic and cultural environment, there is a significant improvement in the level of knowledge of a foreign language.
- Application of an individual approach to each student in the framework of teaching
Despite the rather high cost of education, the invested funds very quickly pay for themselves. So, in the framework of teacher studying, an individual approach is applied to each student. In addition, classes are held in small classrooms, thereby paying attention to each student. In addition to obtaining high-quality academic and linguistic knowledge, foreign students acquire skills in analyzing information, expressing their own point of view, tolerance, and self-education.
It is also worth noting that students are provided with a wide selection of disciplines of interest to study from a wide list. This practice begins with the middle classes of leading schools abroad. Taking into account individual goals, interests and preferences, the foreign student is given the opportunity to pay attention to those academic subjects that require knowledge in order to successfully enroll in top universities abroad.
How much does it cost to receive a prestigious secondary education in schools abroad?
Below is a table in which you can get acquainted with the variations in the cost of education in leading schools and colleges abroad. Moreover, the fluctuations are due to the ranking of the educational institution, the results of graduates for exams, and the level of prestige of the school.
Country of study
Cost of education
From 25,000 to 40,000 £
From 30,000 to 60,000 $
From 40,000 to 90,000 CHF
From 20,000 to 60,000 CAD $
From 20,000 to 35,000 €
From 24,000 to 45,000 €
From 25,000 to 40,000 €
From 24,000 to 50,000 €
From 25,000 to 45,000 €
From 30,000 to 67,000 €
From 25,000 to 45,000 €
From 25,000 to 45,000 AUD $
From 5,000 to 20,000 $
List of required documents for enrollment in top schools abroad - useful information for foreign students
- Providing school report cards grades for the last 2-3 years of study
- Copy of the passport of the future student
- Submission of letters from teachers in mathematics, English, and in some cases from the principal
- International language certificate
- In some cases, a single Ukiset test is required when entering elite private schools in Europe and other countries of the world
- Filling out school registration forms
- Skype interview.
Educational programs of the British and American educational systems in ranking private schools abroad
Leading schools in England, the USA and Switzerland provide full-board education for foreign students. Directly in the 9th grade of a foreign school, foreign students are given the opportunity to select subjects of interest for study. Thus, a foreign teenager is studied in an individual educational program. Immediately before entering a top university abroad, a student actively and effectively prepares for successful enrollment, studying from 3 to 4 subjects according to the high school program:
- A-level - is a British educational program focused on students from 16 to 18 years old. The certificate of completion of this program is quoted by all ranking universities in the UK and other countries of the world.
- IB (International Baccalaureate) - is an international education program for high school students, a diploma of this course is accepted by all foreign prestigious universities.
- BTEC - is an analogue of the British A-level program, this course provides for the study of the subject on an in-depth basis, also pays attention to practice. Target audience - foreign students from 16 to 18 years old.
- High School Diploma Program - is a high school program of the American educational system. The target audience is foreign students from 14 to 18 years old.
- GCSE / IGCSE - is a certificate of completion of incomplete secondary school. Students from 14 to 16 years are invited to study.