- What should be considered for schoolchildren who dream of studying abroad:
- Topical information for Russian schoolchildren: how to enter the best universities in Canada
- List of requirements of top Canadian universities for foreigners:
Canadian educational institutions for children and students, Russians and foreigners offer very attractive training programs. In this article we will talk about entering the university and the features of training at the stage of pre-university preparation .
What should be considered for schoolchildren who dream of studying abroad:
- Canadian universities can only enroll students who have reached the age of 18; Russian children under the age of 18 after school can enroll in colleges that offer a variety of programs, including undergraduate study
- For the graduate of the Russian school, who has not reached the age of 18, the main condition for admission to the college will be high results of international examinations (IELTS 6.0-7.0, TOEFL-580-600, DALF / DELF level 2-3). In addition, it is necessary to have an official guardian or guarantor in Canada
- Both in colleges and universities establish quota places for applicants from other countries
- The organization of the Canadian training system allows graduates over 18 years of age to enter the school with a certificate immediately after graduation. But, despite the fact that Canadian universities accept Russian certificates, there can be a number of difficulties: insufficiently high level of knowledge of a foreign language or gaps in academic knowledge greatly affect the stage of enrollment
- In Canada, you can get an education in French or English : there are a large number of preparatory courses for overseas students, designed to significantly improve the language level as soon as possible
- The certificates are examined with the help of the GPA, the average score of the certificate, which is calculated according to a special formula
- Some universities will need to pass exams that determine the level of knowledge of the school curriculum (SAT or ACT)
- A prerequisite is a certificate confirming a good level of language proficiency.
Topical information for Russian schoolchildren: how to enter the best universities in Canada
1. The programs of preparation for the academic environment and courses of increasing linguistic skills are very popular among Russian schoolchildren:
- University Transfer Program - a program that combines training in school subjects with English classes. During the year the student will be given intensive training before the entrance exams to the university. The advantage of this program is that, provided that the student successfully completes his studies, the student enters the second year of the university, thus not losing the year spent on the course. For example, Fraser International College , established as a quality educational institution, offers transfer programs for foreign applicants, which include basic and profile training for the university.
- English for Academic Purposes is an intensive course aimed at improving language skills to an advanced level. The program provides five-hour training five times a week, the duration of the course is 12 weeks. We recommend that you read the Braemar College training programs.
- Foundation - a learning system aimed at improving language skills. Intensive English classes will allow you to achieve high results in the shortest possible time, sufficient for passing the language exam. For example, Royal Roads University offers an International Foundation course that will quickly adapt to a new cultural, academic and language environment.