IB program in Ecole Nouvelle de la Suisse Romande Lausanne
International Baccalaureate (IB)
The final two-year program is designed for students aged 17-18 (11-12 grades), taught in English (you can choose a French-language version or bilingual (bilingual) course).
The curriculum of each student includes 6 disciplines: 3 of them are studied at a standard level of complexity, 3 - on a more in-depth, advanced. For observance of the academic balance, all available subjects are divided into discipline groups - it is enough to choose one discipline from each block:
- Foreign Language - A (French, Spanish, English, Russian, German, Italian) + literature in selected language
- Foreign Language - B (English, Italian, Spanish, German, French)
- Humanities (history, economics, geography)
- Natural sciences (biology, physics, chemistry)
- Fine art or optional elective (you can choose another foreign language, humanitarian or natural science discipline).
In addition, all students on the IB program attend lessons in 3 additional specialties:
- Theory of knowledge (TOK) - 100 academic hours. It is dedicated to the development of critical and analytical thinking, philosophical and cultural knowledge, strengthening of interdisciplinary connections;
- Writing of an expanded academic essay: the skill of independent research, writing and presentation, the correct argumentation, the analysis of information and the protection of one's point of view;
- CAS course (Creativity, Service, Activity): extracurricular activities in a sporting, creative, social and charitable environment.
The academic year in Ecole Nouvelle de la Suisse Romande Lausanne is divided into 3 terms:
- Autumn - from August 24 to December 2 (vacation from October 15 to October 30)
- Spring - from January 8 to April 7 (holidays from 11 to 26 February)
- Summer - from April 24 to June 30.