Preparation for the university in Earlscliffe College Summer School
PREPARATION FOR ACHIEVEMENT AT THE UNIVERSITY
- Age of students: 16-17 years
- Duration of the program: 2 weeks (arrivals and departures on Saturdays / Sundays)
- Minimum requirements: Upper-Intermediate level (above average).
A special summer preparatory course is designed for students planning to pursue higher education at universities in the UK. The program is designed for 2 weeks and is intended for students aged 16-17 (senior classes).
The intensity of studying is 22 hours weekly. The program includes a variety of thematic sessions on all aspects of university admission, the development of academic and language skills:
- Visiting universities of Oxford, Cambridge and a number of other
- Essay writing on an academic topic
- Essay writing technique
- Familiarity with the procedure for admission to Oxbridge
- Choosing the right university and course in the UK
- Preparation for the IELTS exam
- Creating a video resume
- Development of critical thinking skills
- Development of research skills
- Development of public speaking skills
- A guide to writing a cover letter or participating in a UNESCO debate
- Technique of record keeping / notes.
Classes are conducted in the first and second half of the day - if desired, the program can be combined with other courses of the summer school. Students can also take an IELTS exam for an additional fee.