Intensive English in Earlscliffe College Summer School
- Age of students: 13-17 years
- Duration of the program: 2-4 or 6 weeks (arrivals and departures on Saturdays / Sundays)
- Minimum requirements: Intermediate level (medium and higher).
An intensive program is designed for students aged 13-17 with a sufficiently high level of English (from intermediate), who want to improve their knowledge and skills in a short time.
A total of 22 English language lessons are prepared for the students in a week, which are dedicated to the development of all the basic, key language skills: reading, listening, writing and speaking, phonetics (correct pronunciation + accent correction), grammar, vocabulary. In addition to the course of general English students, fascinating lectures and seminars are waiting for a variety of topics - it can be:
- Pre-trip preparation (preparation for future trips and excursions)
- In the News (discussion of current news in the media)
- Debate (various discussions on these topics)
- UNESCO (discussion and debate on the themes of UNESCO - from pollution to the struggle for women's rights)
- Project time (team or individual project and its presentation: it can be a radio podcast, news block, short film)
- Extended Writing (development of academic writing skills - essays, research papers, etc.)
- Critical thinking (development of the critical thinking skill)
- Advanced reading comprehension (analysis of popular news publications and the media - Vogue, The Economist, NME, The Times - and discussions on the topics raised).
Before the beginning of the classes, all students undergo initial testing, which distributes them into groups according to the level of knowledge, and at the end of studying they are waiting for the final testing, which will reveal academic progress. If desired, students can supplement the course with English lessons: individually or in mini-groups (2-5 people).