IB program in Dwight School New York
Senior classes (11-12 years of study)
At the school, the education is built according to the course IB - International Baccalaureate (International Baccalaureate). International Baccalaureate is an academic program for students from preschool age and up to grade 12. IB teaches students to think critically, creatively, ethically, globally and allows them to become "eternal learners" (in the best sense of the word) interested in new knowledge and achievements throughout their lives.
Recognized worldwide as one of the most complex academic programs - the "gold standard" in pre-university education - the comprehensive curriculum of IB includes the following stages:
- The program of initial years: 3 - 5 classes (preschool education)
- The program of middle classes: 6-10 years of education
- Diploma program: 11-12 classes.
International Baccalaureate is the ideal academic foundation for the education of critical thinkers and leaders who are able to solve problems that are culturally flexible and know several languages, using them for success in today's global market.
Participation in IB-program and IB Learner Profile encourages students to be:
- balanced young people.
In the last years of compulsory secondary education, young people undergo the IB Diploma program. The basic idea of this stage is that graduates of the Dwight School must have all the necessary knowledge of leaders.
The diploma program is a holistic educational experience, through which students graduate with an expanded set of higher-level thinking skills as a result of a diverse parallel study of different disciplines. The focus is on written and spoken language, including the ability to communicate in at least two languages. To the subjects studied before, several specific courses are added:
- "Theory of Knowledge," during which students learn the nature of knowledge, learn to doubt the assumptions and develop a broader understanding of the world in which they live.
- "CAS - Creativity, Action, Service (Creativity, Movement, Service)", aimed at increasing the social responsibility of students.
- Writing an essay.
The price per person for 1 year is $ 38300.