Summer academic English in Concord College UK
Courses are designed for foreign students with varying degrees of proficiency in English. For three weeks of studying a child can take a course from elementary to standard or be studied right away through an intensive program. Courses usually start on June 29 and last until mid-August. Arrival of new students is planned on Sunday.
The standard summer program is designed to improve the children's communication skills, writing and stock vocabulary. Intensive program provides, in addition to the academic English course, additional hours of subject classes. Schoolchildren 13 - 17 years old can study two subjects to choose from:
There are laboratory classes and constant knowledge control.
- Concord College teachers have RSA or equivalent degrees and are native speakers.
- For advanced studying, you need a good level of English and additional subjects, so it is not possible to combine both courses.
- Concord College provides comprehensive development of children and, for a small supplement, complements the courses with a sports load.
- Extra Golf. Three hours a week, students learn the basics of golf with experienced coaches. Individual lessons are possible. For the lessons in the golf club there is no surcharge.
- Extra Tennis. Pupils spend in small groups on tennis courts three hours a week. Rent of rackets is possible.
- Extra Horse-Riding. The college cooperates with the riding school and offers students to master riding in the pen and jumping on horses. There are classes for 14 people 3 hours a week. You do not have to count on renting shoes for riding on the spot, and the school helmets provide.
The level of knowledge entering the summer courses is determined by testing. Depending on the results, small groups of schoolchildren from different countries are formed. This encourages communication in English and better mastering of the material.
Accommodation. The female and male parts of the living quarters are located separately. The rooms are designed for one or two people. The curator lives with the children and assists with adaptation, is responsible for safety, resolves conflicts between schoolchildren.
For coordination in the educational process there is a director for studying. The medical center deals with health problems, you can also contact the director of summer courses for help in resolving the issues that arise.
Three meals a day are provided for the students in the canteen. The preparation of dishes is done by a professional chef. There is a possibility to use the laundry once a week.
Concord College pays much attention to sports development. On campus there are tennis courts, a swimming pool, several grounds for basketball players and a football field. Girls can be interested in classes in the fitness center. Fans of rock climbing will have access to a special wall under the supervision of practitioners. We also allow free access to computer rooms. The possibilities of independent and additional classes are provided at the expense of the library and laboratories.
It's nice to spend extracurricular time in a cinema or theater. The college regularly conducts excursions, provides lessons in drawing or visiting the ice rink. Recreational activities also include horse riding and hiking in the bowling clubs.
A transfer to the college is provided and included in the fee for summer courses. A prerequisite is the arrival at Heathrow during working hours (8 - 17). Departure is also provided by the college (9 - 17 hours).