IB program in College Champittet (Switzerland)
Secondary school II (grades 9-10, 16-18 years).
At this stage, students choose one of three proposed programs, each of which can serve as an excellent basis for entering any world university: a Swiss diploma (matura), a French or an international baccalaureate.
The program is designed for two years, during which not only the academic knowledge is deepened, but also the capacity for critical and analytical thinking is cultivated, a steady stimulus to self-education and to research activity is created. The program of the course is as detailed as possible, deep, subjects are studied practically at a professional level, which helps with admission to any, even the most prestigious and advanced university in the world.
To study in the program, each student chooses one subject from different blocks:
- Social: history, business, geography, management basics, economics;
- Experimental: physics, chemistry, biology;
- Math: ordinary and advanced level;
- Language: two foreign languages;
- Art criticism: visual skill, theater and dramatic art, music (if desired, an object from this block can be replaced by another of the previous directions).
In addition, the participants of the International Baccalaureate program master 3 important skills that help them in further studying, expand their experience:
- Writing a detailed essay: reasoning about the subject;
- Theory of cognition: the nature of knowledge, the consideration of various methods from a critical point of view (perception, reason, language and emotion), features of various types of cognition (historical, scientific, mathematical, creative);
- Creativity, mutual assistance, joint activities outside the class and educational process.