Summer medicine program in Cardiff Sixth Form College Summer School
Summer Course of Medicine (English for Medical Professions, Medical School Preparation)
A special program for high school students, high school graduates who plan to enter British universities for programs in medicine, dentistry and veterinary medicine. The summer course will help students to more deeply study the priority disciplines, better understand the chosen field and prepare for intensive, complex training at the university. Specialists of Cardiff Sixth Form College will help students to choose the appropriate institution and the course they need, will consult on the dates of admission, the requirements of the admission committee, the timing of the exams, etc. The duration of the program is 2 weeks.
The main blocks and directions of the summer training course:
- natural Sciences
- introduction to the British health system
- training in writing a motivation letter, resume
- conducting trial interviews, interviews (preparation for a meeting with the admission committee)
- preparation for specialized medical exams - UKCAT and BMAT
- review and comparison of medical universities, faculties and programs, study requirements for admission
- specialized practical classes - analogues of university seminars on medical topics.
Students arrive on campus until July 22, the training itself (Oxford Preparation and Medical School Preparation) is conducted from July 23 to August 3 (two-week course). Training on the classical Academic Program is more flexible:
- Beginning of classes: July 23, July 30, August 6
- Course duration: 2, 3 or 4 weeks.
The cost of training in the summer camp depends on the chosen program and its duration:
- Oxford 2 weeks = £ 2900
- Oxbridge Preparation (2 weeks) + Academic (1 week) = 3630 £
- Medical School 2 weeks = 2900 £, 2 weeks + 1 week Academic = 3630 £, 2 weeks + 2 weeks Academic = 4150 £
- Academic Summer Program: 2 weeks = 2340 £, 3 weeks = 3160 £, 4 weeks = 3840 £.