Preparing for Oxbridge in Cardiff Sixth Form College Summer School
Preparation for Oxford and Cambridge Preparation (Oxford and Cambridge Preparation)
A summer course for the most ambitious and motivated students who want to take a student path in such legendary universities as Oxford or Cambridge, London School of Economics, Imperial College London, University College London, Durham University and other educational strongholds in the UK. The duration of the course is 2 weeks.
The course significantly improves all academic skills of students:
- writing, creating an expanded academic essay
- Effective reading, working with various sources and competent notes
- critical and analytical thinking
- practice in interviews and interviews, etc.
Language skills and abilities are also actively developing:
- Auditing (listening comprehension)
- Vocabulary (active expansion of vocabulary)
- Written speech
- Oral speech (spoken English)
- Phonetics (correct pronunciation, accent correction)
- Improve communication skills.
The course will help students understand why these higher education institutions are considered the best in Britain and the world: what are their key features and merits, how do they differ among themselves, which one is best suited to each particular student, how will the admission process and the enrollment procedure take place. All teachers of the course have a lot of experience in preparing students for Oxbridge: in 2014, 19 graduates of Cardiff Sixth Form College successfully continued their education in selected universities.
Students arrive on campus until July 22, the training itself (Oxford Preparation and Medical School Preparation) is conducted from July 23 to August 3 (two-week course). Training on the classical Academic Program is more flexible:
- Beginning of classes: July 23, July 30, August 6
- Course duration: 2, 3 or 4 weeks.
The cost of training in the summer camp depends on the chosen program and its duration:
- Oxford 2 weeks = £ 2900
- Oxbridge Preparation (2 weeks) + Academic (1 week) = 3630 £
- Medical School 2 weeks = 2900 £, 2 weeks + 1 week Academic = 3630 £, 2 weeks + 2 weeks Academic = 4150 £
- Academic Summer Program: 2 weeks = 2340 £, 3 weeks = 3160 £, 4 weeks = 3840 £.