High school program in Braemar College boarding school
The program of studies in grades 9-12 is aimed at a thorough study of the main subjects of the school curriculum - these are disciplines that cover all the key areas of knowledge and science, allowing to form a solid foundation of knowledge and skills. The student's progress is estimated according to earned academic credits: during the course, one must get at least 30 credits. 18 of 30 must be earned in compulsory subjects - we list the disciplines (the possible number of credit units is indicated in parentheses):
- English language (4, one per year)
- French as a Second Language (1)
- Mathematics (3)
- Arts (1)
- Information and Computer Technologies - ICT (1)
- Natural Sciences (2)
- Geography of Canada (1)
- History of Canada (1)
- Health, physical training and sports (1)
- Humanities / English or a third foreign language (1)
- Fundamentals of citizenship and law, career guidance (1)
- Business / Entrepreneurship / Choreography (1)
- Physical culture and sports / music / theater / history and culture Canada / art (1).
The student can choose independently the subject on his own.
Foreign students who have arrived on a course from an educational institution of another country can count the earliest studied subjects in academic credits to Braemar College.
Successful completion of the program of secondary and senior classes allows the student to receive a valuable and prestigious diploma of secondary education Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), giving the right to enter any Canadian university.