English+summer vacation in Bodwell High School Private School
During the summer months, Bodwell School organizes combined language programs for children from around the world aged 10-17.
The camp is based on the campuses of three major universities in British Columbia:
- University of British Columbia (Vancouver);
- University of Victoria (Victoria);
- Quest University (Whistler and Squamish).
All campuses are well equipped with everything necessary for effective teaching and comfortable living. Students are accommodated in the same residences that are offered to the students of the main programs (in the summer they leave for vacations), also participants of the summer camp can use the entire infrastructure of the universities:
- Sports fields and playgrounds;
- Tennis courts;
- Swimming pools and water sports centers;
- Parks and lawns;
- Halls and classes for studying.
All students are tested, which distributes them into groups according to the level of basic education, and the age parameter is also taken into account. Weekly 15 English lessons are provided (the load is rather low), on which all the basic language skills and knowledge are actively developed. The main attention is drawn to the development of oral and written speech, the improvement of grammatical literacy, the expansion of vocabulary. Additionally, students study the ecology, geography, the course of public (humanitarian) sciences, exact sciences, attend lessons aimed at developing leadership qualities. Classes are lined up in a dynamic, lively manner, not allowing children to get bored, a lot of games and role situations are envisaged. Every week a new topic is announced, which defines the fullness and subject of the classes, the direction of study.
In their free time, students also will not get bored: for them a rich, interesting leisure program is organized. A large-scale general event or concert is held at least once a week, various games and contests are held every day, competitions that help to develop team spirit, comradeship, and to show personal talents and abilities. The hiking and exciting educational excursions are organized for children, shopping, trips to museums and national parks, canoeing, sightseeing are offered to their attention.
Please note that for registration on the program you must apply no later than May 29!
DATES AND VALUES
1) Courses in Vancouver (University of British Columbia):
- 2 weeks (July 12-25, July 26 - August 8);
- 3 weeks (July 5-25, July 12 - August 1, July 19 - August 8);
- 4 weeks (July 12 - August 8);
- 5 weeks (July 5 - August 8).
2) Courses in Victoria and Columbia (University of Victoria and University of British Columbia):
- 3 weeks (July 12 - August 1, July 19 - August 8);
- 4 weeks (July 12 - August 8).
3) Courses in Vancouver and Whistler (University of British Columbia and Quest University):
- 3 weeks (July 12 - August 1).
4) TRI courses (all three universities):
- 4 weeks (July 5 - August 1, July 12 - August 8);
- 5 weeks (July 5 - August 8).
The indicated price already includes:
- Registration fee (non-refundable) = 200 CAD;
- Letter of agreement for care (for underage students);
- Accommodation and meals (residence, full board, including late dinner);
- Medical insurance;
- Transfer in both directions and transport service during excursions;
- Studying on the program;
- Excursions, events and leisure;
- Branded T-shirt;
- A report card with an evaluation of achievements and a corporate certificate after the end of the program.
The price does not include and is paid additionally:
- Air tickets in both directions;
- Accompanying minors on the way (if necessary);
- Personal (pocket) expenses;
- Insurance deposit (fully refunded if there is no damage to property due to student's fault).