Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School Australia
Description of Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School Australia
- Established: 1991
- Location: Sydney and Lura, Australia
- Age of students: from 17 years
- Type of studying: mixed
- Type of accommodation: residence (hotel / apartment), host family
- English language.
Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School Australia is a university, hotel and tourist management school located in Australia. The institution was founded in 1991 by Fritz Grubler, a hotelier from Switzerland: then the university was the first institution in the country to learn specialists in all the listed areas.
The school is accredited by the Department of Education, Employment and Labor Relations of Australia and Tourism Education Quality. In 2013, TNS Survey awarded the university the No. 1 Hospitality Management School in Australia and the Asia-Pacific region.
The university has very high rates of student employment: 92% of graduates get a job in less than three months after graduation. Representatives of more than 40 companies of the industry visit the campus every month to invite students for internships. Blue Mountains School students are in a very good position among employers, because by the time they finish their studies, they have not only a high-quality diploma, but also good working experience.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School Australia
Accommodation, meals, prices
Since Blue Mountains School has two campuses, there are several options for accommodating students at the school:
- Residence in Lure: 1-2 year undergraduate students live in 2-bed hotel-type rooms with private bath. Accommodation is organized on the basis of the hotel, which is equipped with modern equipment - kitchen, laundry, room reservation system and not only.
- Apartments in Sydney: 3-4 furnished rooms with a common kitchen are offered here, there is everything for cooking.
- Host family: this option is available for language courses. All families live in close proximity to the school campus in Sydney.
Facilities and equipment at Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School Australia
Blue Mountains School is located in one of the most popular tourist areas of the country. The university has several campuses in Sydney: for example, bachelors study in the city of Lura. The territory of the school is located in the park of the same name Blue Mountains - a city landmark with a unique nature.
- Three educational restaurants
- Rest rooms
- Library with professional literature
- Football field
- Basketball court
- Tennis court
- Pool and not only.
The second campus of Blue Mountains School is located in the center of Sydney near the Town Hall building - this is a business center where students study and continue their education, starting from the 3rd year of undergraduate studies.
In general, Sydney provides school students with a good opportunity to practice and build a successful career, as there are many world famous hotels, travel agencies, restaurants and other hospitality organizations in the capital.
Admission dates and extra charges
Enrollment of students takes place twice a year - in August and January.
The course price includes:
- Academic program
- Extra-curriculum activities (excursions, entertainment).
- Application fee 100 USD
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The conditions for entering the Blue Mountains School may vary depending on the program and direction, but the minimum criteria for candidates are as follows:
- Age from 18 years
- High school diploma
- Certificate of knowledge of English (IELTS 6.0 or IELTS 5.5 with an integrated program of the English language).
- Age of 21 years
- Bachelor's degree, or work experience in a managerial position (from 5 years)
- Certificate in English IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School Australia
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.