Summer academic English in Bedes Brighton Summer Camp
Summer academic English course
The academic language course can include 15 or 25 hours of classes weekly - they are divided into thematic blocks:
- General language skills (10 hours)
- Communication skills (5 hours)
- Professional skills / preparation for language exams IELTS / CAE (up to 10 hours, only available with an intensive program).
1) General language skills.
This is a comprehensive, rapid and effective improvement of all basic language competencies:
- Auditing (listening comprehension)
- Vocabulary (active expansion of vocabulary)
- Written speech
- Oral speech (spoken English)
- Phonetics (correct pronunciation, accent correction)
- Improve communication skills.
2) Communicative skills.
Active development of oral and written communication in a variety of situations and for different interlocutors - from everyday to professional or academic environment. Classes expand lexical stock, help improve pronunciation and get rid of accent, hone the style of speech.
Groups of students can decide for themselves which topics of this block are the highest priority for them and to highlight them in detail:
- negotiation and assembly
- conducting and preparing presentations
- development of critical and analytical thinking
- writing an expanded academic essay
- writer skills (Creative Writing)
- conducting debates and discussions, competent argumentation of one's point of view
- international business etiquette
- writing official reports, keeping documents and correspondence, writing business letters
- operative problem solving, conflict management.
3) Professional skills.
A carefully designed thematic block combines theoretical and practical exercises that reveal to students the specifics of one or another direction for building a career, choosing a specialty and profession. The block includes numerous meetings, master classes and lectures with famous representatives of each industry who share their experience and knowledge with the younger generation.
Subjects of classes can be different and also be selected separately by each group of students:
- recent history
- finance and accounting, banking
- entrepreneurship, the course of a young leader
- latest technologies and innovations
- international politics and diplomacy
- coaching and training system
- law (several industries)
- modern psychology
- science of health and nutrition, HLS.
Groups are formed small, up to 14 people in each (ratio of teachers to students - 1: 5). Classes are held on weekdays (Monday-Friday) from 9 to 16 hours (there is a big lunch break and 3 short breaks for rest).
Summer courses at Bedes Brighton school run from July 1 to August 18 - the duration of the course can be chosen from 2 to 7 weeks (depending on the student's wishes and academic needs). Arrivals are scheduled on Sundays, departures on Saturdays.
The cost of the programs depends on the chosen duration and its subjects (the price is indicated for 1 person per course):
- 2 weeks = £ 2850
- 3 weeks = £ 4275
- 4 weeks = £ 5700
- 5 weeks = 7125 £
- 6 weeks = 8550 £
- 7 weeks = 9975 £
- Supplement for a two-week course IELTS / CAE = 300 £
- Supplement for three-week course IELTS / CAE = £ 400.