English and cinema academy in Balliol College Summer School
- Age of students: 16-18 years old
- Dates: July 5-18, July 19-August 1, August 2-15
- Duration: 2 weeks.
An intensive film production program at the Balliol College Summer School is offered for high school students from 16 to 18 years old. For two weeks, participants in the course will study the process of film production at all stages from the idea to creating a movie: students will learn how to plan, to make a storyboard, script, and then shoot and edit short films or full films.
Young people will learn the art of film production under the guidance of experienced teachers. Following the tips, students will learn how to use standard HD video equipment, lighting, microphones and monitors. To participate in the program, students do not need to have any special video shooting experience, they have sufficient confidence in English.
At the program, students will receive all the necessary skills that can be used to become a director, producer, editor, director of photography. As part of the course, aspiring directors will interact with actors and other industry professionals.
By the end of the film production course, students will receive:
- Knowledge of the basics of filmmaking (planning, scripting, development, location and storyboard)
- Experience with HD video equipment
- Experience of creating your own short film
- Experience with industry professionals
- Substantial progress in creativity and independence.