Development of mobile applications in Balliol College Summer School
iOS app development program
- Age of students: 16-18 years old
- Dates: July 5-18, July 19-August 1, August 2-15
- Duration: 2 weeks.
The course for high school students on creating applications for the iOS system and websites will allow them to gain key skills in this area in order to successfully apply them in life. At the program, students will become acquainted with the areas of computer programming and mobile application development, while studying the sciences that underlie these processes. The course is based on a practical approach, so young people will be able to try everything themselves.
Students will learn how to design an application and prototype interface with Sketch. Then they will get an introduction to working with Xcode, dive into the integrated development environment (IDE) for MacOS, and try programming using the object-oriented Swift language.
For successful study, students need to have a MacBook Air or MacBook Pro series of laptops with the installed software: MacOS High Sierra and the Apple IDE tool - Xcode 11.
Final skills obtained after the course:
- Created a working iOS application for Apple devices
- Resolving Problem Solving Strategies
- Project ideas planned and implemented
- Improved creative and systematic thinking, teamwork skills
- Learned the application development cycle: from the basics of Swift to the design and development of user agreements
- IOS App Development core discovered to add app functionality
- Developed and tested applications for iOS.