GCSE in Ashbourne College
Program is designed for students 14-16 years, completing a course of incomplete secondary education: the college offers both a classical version (2 academic years) and an accelerated one-year. The main subjects of the curriculum are:
- ICT (information and computer technologies, informatics)
- English Language and Literature
- Natural Sciences.
In addition, the schedule of each student is supplemented by subjects of choice (4-6 directions):
- Mraphic design
- Drama and theatrical art
- Foreign languages: French, German, Italian, Spanish, Latin
- Religious Studies (Theology)
- The photo
- Business fundamentals
- Classical civilizations.
In each classroom there are no more than 8-10 students: for each subject there are 4-8 lessons per week. In total, the list of examinations includes 8-10 titles. In addition, students daily and weekly attend physical education classes, a variety of sports electives.
Academic year in college is divided into traditional trimester for Britain:
- Autumn: September 4-December 15 (vacation from October 23 to 27)
- Spring: January 2 - March 23 (vacation February 12-16)
- Year old: April 16-May 25
- "Easter repetition" (Easter revision): March 23-30, April 2-6, April 9-13.