Java Coding: Custom Blocks and Maps in Minecraft in Amherst College Summer Camp with programming
Java Coding: Custom Blocks and Maps in Minecraft
- Age of students: 10-12 years old
- Level of education: beginner-advanced
- Direction of studying: coding, design, game development
- Toolkit: Minecraft, Java, IntelliJ.
During the course, children will learn how to use Java code to integrate optimized authorial style into Minecraft: students will expand the functions of the game, develop their own mobs, game items and create an adventure map on their own! Teenagers will learn about the nuances of Java code for building Minecraft, through the study of design they will create a unique product that they can share with their friends.
- Java coding
- The development of logical thinking, strategic skills
- Creating adventure maps and Minecraft mods
- The use of variables and functions to optimize and customize the game.