Game Design and Development 101 in Amherst College Summer Camp with programming
Game Design and Development 101
- Age of students: 13-17 years old
- Level of education: elementary-intermediate
- Direction: game development, design
- Toolkit: Autodesk Maya, Unreal Engine 4.
Teens will get acquainted with the most popular professional game-design tools for creating a virtual world, will study the principles of 3D-model design in a special 3D editor Autodesk Maya, create video game levels in Unreal Engine 4. Using the knowledge gained, participants will independently develop their game world by importing created Maya objects in Unreal and adding unique coded elements to create a planned visual series. Game Design and Development 101 is a great chance to start working on your portfolio for students whose goal is to continue education in this direction.
The guys will learn to:
- How to create video medium levels using geometry
- Design, development of 3D objects
- Using Blueprints for game animation, moving models
- Stages of game design.