Pre-Masters in American University Washington
- Age of participants: from 20 years;
- Duration: 1 or 2 semesters;
- Classes start: January, August;
- Level of English:
- For Advanced MAP: IELTS 6.5 (not less than 5.5 by sections) / TOEFL 80;
- For MAP: IELTS 6.0 (at least 5.0 in sections) / TOEFL 74.
- Level of education: Bachelor's degree;
- Language of instruction: English.
About the educational program: The Pre-Master's Program is a special curriculum for bachelors from around the world who wish to enroll in the Master's program at American University Washington. Courses are aimed at bringing the level of language and knowledge to the requirements and adapting to the education system. For admission, you need a bachelor's degree and a high level of English (there is an opportunity to take an English course). Training is conducted in several directions, each of which corresponds to their specialties of the magistracy:
- Public Affairs;
- Arts and Sciences;
There are two types of Pre-Master's:
- Advanced Master's Accelerator (1 semester): Designed for students with a high level of English, but wishing to receive academic and cultural support. It is aimed at developing research skills, increasing the level of language and knowledge in subjects. Includes an expanded module of support and assistance from teachers, mentors and consultants. It is estimated at 6 credits. Upon completion, the students pass to the second semester of the master's degree (the duration of the master's degree is not increased);
- The Master's Accelerator Program (2 semesters): Plan for bachelors who need broad support for the development of language and knowledge. Along with a complex of disciplines and adaptation activities, it includes intensive English classes, including the development of the academic language (written speech, public speaking and research skills). It is estimated at 9 credits. After the end of a course pupils pass in a magistracy (duration of reception of the diploma is increased for 1 semester).
The receipt process has a slightly simplified format - for example, you do not need to provide an essay. Each type contains a set of academic disciplines, classes are held separately or together with American students. Teachers, staff and mentors are always ready to help and consult on all emerging issues. Upon completion of the course, the students pass to the chosen master's degree.
Master's programs available after passing the Pre-Master's:
- History of art;
- Bilingual education;
- Educational Policy and Leadership;
- Environmental Science;
- Design Games;
- Health Promotion Management;
- International Economics;
- International training and education;
- Political science;
- Public administration;
- Public Policy;
- Quantitative analysis;
- The property;
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language (Tesol).