Academic english in American University Washington
- Age of participants: from 17 years;
- Duration: 14 weeks;
- Start of classes:
- For preparation for International Year One: January, June, August;
- To prepare for Pre-Master's: January, June, August.
- Level of English:
- For the International Year One (minimum): IELTS 4.5-5.0 / TOEFL 50-60 / Pearson 36-39;
- For the Pre-Master's (minimum): IELTS 5.5 / TOEFL 68.
- Language of instruction: English;
- Participants: Applicants applying for International Year One and Pre-Master's.
Not all foreign applicants entering International Year One or Pre-Master's have the required level of language. Especially for those who need to improve it, special sessions (Academic English) lasting 1 semester (14 weeks) are conducted, and for the preparation for International Year One there is also a course lasting 2 semesters. Classes are held in classes with a small number of people, which allows students to fully immerse themselves in the language atmosphere and receive advice on all topics / sections that cause difficulties. With the students there are professional language teachers with proficient education and various certificates. The lessons are intensive and are built around the main sections of linguistics:
- Grammar, vocabulary;
- Written speech;
- Oral speech;
Much attention is paid to the development of university teaching and research skills, the ability to correctly and accurately use the language in written and spoken language, the ability to prepare and present presentations and speak to a wide audience. In the course of the classes, the level of English is significantly increased and students are transferred to International Year One or Pre-Master's.