Bachelor's Courses(english) in Algoma University in Canada
1. Age of participants: from 17 years
2. Duration of education : 4 years (standard programs)
3. Beginning of classes: September, January
4. Level of English: IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL 79-80
5. Level of Education: Diploma of School Graduation
6. Language of instruction: English.
Algoma University in Canada offers quality programs for students from anywhere in the world. Applicants entering the university must have completed secondary education, a high level of knowledge and English. In the event that the level of English is insufficient, you can take special courses at the university before the start of the admission process.
Bachelor's degree is represented by more than 20 directions, some of them contain different specialties. Education lasts 3-4 years. Students choose basic and additional specializations (Major and Minor): the main one is characterized by a large number of courses and disciplines, a wide disclosure of topics and questions. There are fewer courses for additional courses, but it gives great advantages, as it significantly expands the competencies and qualifications of graduates. Subsequently, many graduates in professional work develop not only in basic, but also in additional specialization.
All curricula have a carefully designed structure and correspond to the best Canadian and world standards. Classes are conducted exclusively by highly qualified specialists with academic degrees and recognition. The small size of the university and the small number of people in the groups make it possible to give maximum attention and individual approach to each, explain all the complex issues and topics. Teachers and students in the class communicate on an equal footing, exchange opinions, together come up with and test theories and ideas. There are different types of classes:
- Extended lectures
- Standard and Extended Workshops
- Research work
- Laboratory works
- Field studies
- Individual projects, work in mini-groups and groups
- Professional study of sources and literature
- Lectures and seminars with the participation of invited experts and specialists.
A lot of time is devoted to developing students' skills of independent work and research: the university has excellent centers and laboratories, so that bachelors receive support and the opportunity to use the latest scientific developments.
To control the progress of various types of work:
- Exams and "invisible" exams
- Essays and Extended Essays
- Research Reports
- Presentations with presentations and reports
- Participation in the debate
- Term papers.
As additional courses seminars on development of skills of employment and career advancement are spent: students get acquainted with the basic rules of the labor market of Canada and the USA, study correctly to make the resume and to pass interview.
In case of successful fulfillment of all requirements and passing the curriculum, the student is given a state diploma and is awarded a bachelor's degree in the relevant field of science. Graduates of Algoma University in Canada have excellent opportunities for employment in prestigious companies in Canada, the United States and other countries. They can continue their studies by going to the magistracy.
Bachelor's programs at Algoma University in Canada (Major), Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree:
- Language and Culture of Ojibwe (Anishinaabemowin (Ojibwe Language))
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Specializations: Accounting, Economics, Human Resources Management, Marketing)
- Community Development
- Community Economic and Social Development
- Computer Science (specializations: Mobile Software Engineering, Computer Games Technology, Computer Games Technology / Creative Arts)
- Economy (Economics)
- English-language literature and cinema (English & Film)
- Environmental Science
- Finance and Economics (Finance and Economics)
- History and Philosophy (History & Philosophy)
- Law and Justice
- Political Science
- Psychology (Psychology)
- Social Work
- Visual arts (Visual Arts).
The cost of study in a bachelor's degree (for international students) = from 9028 $ CAD / semester, from 17252 $ CAD / year.