Diploma + advanced placement in Admiral Farragut Academy
Quick overview: Like Honors Courses, it is also a program of sophisticated, more in-depth study of subjects, which increases the student's chances for successful enrollment at the chosen university. AP subjects are taught in separate classes - as a rule, the student can not fully compose a curriculum from AP-directions due to the high workload and the amount of information for mastering. Therefore, teachers recommend choosing at the AP level the most priority academic disciplines and fields of knowledge - you can choose from the following list:
- English literature;
- English and the basics of literary writing;
- History of the USA;
- Mathematical analysis - levels of AB and BC;
Admiral Farragut Academy senior students are also offered a rare and useful opportunity - training in the Dual Enrollment system (literally, "Double Entry"). This principle allows the student to simultaneously finish the high school course, and be a student of university programs: so you can get additional credits, which will be a significant bonus for the admissions committee. Admiral Farragut Academy students can listen to programs at St. Petersburg College ("Western Civilizations", "World History of the 20th Century") and at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (aviation courses).
In addition, a 4-year university preparation program is available for high school students - it includes:
- Preparation for the exams PSAT, SAT, ACT, AP, TOEFL;
- Personal counseling (including psychologist's help);
- Professional orientation;
- Visit campuses of different universities, communicate with the administration and get acquainted with their structure, features;
- Help in preparing and filling out documents, registering and sending applications;
- Appointment of tutors;
- Special program for the development of academic skills;
- Additional supportive activities as needed.
Supporting English language courses - ESL (or ESOL program standards), taught on 3 levels (from elementary to advanced) are organized for foreign students.