The applicants' documents are considered within 14 days. The package is submitted to the embassy by the tourist personally or by a student / schoolchild applying for a student French visa, accompanied by the parents: attendance at the scheduled interview is compulsory, no delays are allowed.
The process of obtaining a visa, including a visa for study in France, type D, depends on many objective factors. Providing a full package of documents and a questionnaire filled in without errors is not a guarantee of visa processing.
Documents for a visa (including a student French visa) are submitted to the French Embassy, it is necessary to make an appointment at +7 (495) 504-37-05 (French Visa Application Center VFS)
117049, Moscow, ul. Bolshaya Yakimanka, 45
Tel .: +7 (495) 937-15-00
Reception of documents for obtaining short-term visas to France is carried out by the French Visa Center, which is located at:
Documents for a tourist visa to France (in general visa for study in France, type D, will require similar documents):
1. Questionnaire-questionnaire filled in the appropriate way.
2. Valid passport (the minimum period of validity is 3 months after the end of the visa). The document has special requirements: mandatory signature and at least 2 clean spreads.
3. The canceled international passport (if any).
4. The second passport (valid), if any.
5. Copies of the internal Russian passport (clear, qualitative, facsimile not accepted).
6. 2 photos (actual, made no more than 6 months ago, clear, matte, colored, without ovals, on a light background, size - 3.5 * 4.5 cm).
7. Confirmation from the place of work (standard certificate on the letterhead with stamped seal).
8. Confirmation of financial solvency (statement of account).
9. Reservation of the hotel.
10. Copy of tickets (booking confirmation).
11. Insurance policy (original + copy), issued in accordance with the requirements of the Schengen.
To the general package of documents additional for tourists, traveling to France at the expense of the sponsor, students, minors, pensioners are added.
Sponsors provide sponsorship letter. It is accompanied by a copy of the sponsor's ID (internal passport), a document confirming a relative relationship with the tourist (if available).
For juveniles, the package of documents excludes confirmation of employment and financial solvency. But it is supplemented by a birth certificate (copy), a notarized consent of the parents or one of them, if the child travels accompanied by another, on departure. The document is signed a maximum of one month prior to the moment of applying for a visa.
Pensioners provide a copy of the pension certificate.
Schoolchildren, students will need a certificate from their place of study.
For students, there is a special procedure for applying for a student French visa. To receive a three-month French visa, they provide to the embassy:
To obtain a long-term visa (this includes a student's French visa for 3 months or more), students are provided to the French Embassy:
The Embassy has the right to request additional documents when preparing a student's French visa. Their number and list are determined on an individual basis.
All documents, except passports, are provided complete with a translation (notarized) in French.
Documents for a visa for study in France of type D 2 are given in separate sets : copies and originals. The latter return after verification.
Lack of originals or photocopies, poor quality of the latter - sufficient reason for refusing a French visa.