The largest institution of higher education in the state of Mississippi (USA) is considered the University of Mississippi. The University of Mississippi is a public research institution founded in 1848 in the city of Oxford.
At the moment, the University of Mississippi is a prestigious educational institution, which is in the national ranking 132 positions. In the international list of the best universities, it occupies 630 place. In 2009-2012, the Chronicle of Higher Education named the University of Mississippi one of the “Great Colleges for Work,” putting the institute on the elite list of universities. The institution also ranked 145th in the ranking of the best US universities in 2018.
Specify information on the training program on the official site of an educational institution.
Over the entire period of the university, there were a large number of graduates who became known throughout the world. Among them are professional athletes, politicians, scientists, actors, writers, etc. Of them it is worth noting:
Here are just some of the famous graduates that the university is proud of.
The main campus of the University of Mississippi is located in Oxford. Its area is about 1200 acres of land. The main university building was recognized by USA Today (for 2016) as the “most beautiful campus”. The university also has regional campuses in Boneville, De Soto, Grenada and Tupelo.
The University of Mississippi has several student organizations that help students get to know each other and adapt to school life. One of them is the International Student Organization, which plans activities for foreign students. This includes cultural programs and sports tournaments.
The university also has a large library, a sports complex and playgrounds, a cultural center, hostels for foreign citizens, a canteen, and even an airport. The university has one of the largest blues music archives in the United States. Some records in the collection belong to BB King (he donated to the institution a personal collection of records).
The educational institution is a part of such associations as:
The institution owns its own media center. University students publish their newspaper, The Daily Mississippian. There is also an online version of this edition, located on TheDMonline.com, which acts as an electronic supplement (it displays more photos, videos, descriptions). Students of the university are creating the annual Ole Miss, a 368-page full-color book that has won many awards, including the Golden Crown. Students publish the live news broadcast via NewsWatch.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.