Bergen University or University of Bergen (UiB). It is a public non-profit institution that was founded in 1946. It is located in the Norwegian city of Bergen.
University of Bergen is a medium-sized educational institution. It simultaneously receives knowledge of about 10,000 students. The academic staff is represented by almost 1500 highly qualified teachers, including foreign specialists. Highly professional professionals teach here, and some of them are the best in Norway.
On the quality of teaching, the university is among the 300 best universities in the world. At the moment he takes the third place in the country, as well as 190 position among the universities of the world. The University of Bergen is not just an educational institution, it is also a research center covering the majority of subject areas organized in seven faculties and about 54 institutes and research centers. The main faculties:
The university is part of a global network of research institutions in Europe and the world. Scientists and students here actively participate in joint projects and exchange experiences.
Specify information on the training program on the official site of an educational institution.
The campus is located in the center of Bergen, and the university is closely connected with the history and culture of the city. On the campus there are libraries, cozy cafes, canteens, halls for preparation for classes (with free wi-fi), as well as various clubs for interests. A special interest of students is a museum belonging to the university. It stores documents and exhibits in the field of anthropology, archeology, art and culture history, botany, geology and zoology.
If desired, each student can choose one of many sports to his liking. Also at the university sports teams are organized.
Those who wish receive a place in the hostel, which is also located on campus.
The University possesses modern scientific equipment, well-established infrastructure, databases, records, archives and collections, which allow for effective scientific and research activities.
The University of Bergen conducts research in three strategic areas:
Within these areas, the University of Bergen actively contributes to improving the quality of education, interdisciplinary cooperation and the dissemination of knowledge and innovation. The education of students is closely connected with scientific activity, in the process of which they communicate with the best scientists.
UiB enjoys an excellent reputation among employers, so its graduates easily find work in the best companies in the world. 80 percent of students who received a bachelor's or master's degree receive prestigious work immediately after graduating from the institution's walls.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.