In 1811 the oldest university in Norway was founded - the University of Oslo. At the moment, the University of Oslo is the second largest educational center in the country. Initially, the institution was called the "Royal University of Frederick," which was the only university in the country after the collapse of the Danish-Norwegian state and until 1946. Now it is a versatile institution that produces specialists in the humanities and natural sciences.
Specify information on the training program on the official site of an educational institution.
University of Oslo is a prestigious educational institution, which is part of the TOP-3 universities in Scandinavia. Also, the university is currently ranked 58th among the world's educational centers (according to the ARWU rating). In 2016, according to the Times Higher Education magazine, the university took 63rd place in the world TOP.
According to experts, the most promising area is the media-communicative one. Over the past years, it has been included in the TOP-50 of the best academic programs in the field of media sciences. Also, high scores of specialists deserve a program in geography, sociology, linguistics, sociology of development. As for the strong areas of study at the university, the results of QS Rankings are:
The University of Oslo actively conducts research in various fields. The greatest attention is paid to developments in the areas of political science, archeology, geography, pedagogy, medicine, and media technologies. Also in this university is printed a huge amount of work in the field of mathematics, physics, sociology, econometrics, economics, astronomy. Five graduates of this educational institution became the owners of the Nobel Prize.
The buildings of the university are scattered throughout the four metropolitan areas. The central campus is in the central area. It is here that there is an administration, a library and several faculties (natural sciences, humanitarian, pedagogical, social sciences, theological). There is also a student employment center, medical and sports centers, cafeterias and shops.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.