Autonomous University of Barcelona - Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB) is a public higher education institution of the non-profit financial type. The university was founded in 1968, after the adoption of educational reform, in parallel with the Autonomous University of Madrid. The prefix "autonomous" to its name, the University of Barcelona received during the reign of the dictator F. Franco. The leadership of the school did not allow the authorities to interfere in their internal affairs, while preserving their freedom, their own rules and principles of teaching students.
During its relatively short existence, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona has managed at the moment to occupy the third position among the universities of Spain, and was able to enter the ranking of the 200 best universities in the world, occupying 197 place in this list today.
Autonomous University of Barcelona belongs to the major universities. Within its walls, over 31,000 students, including foreigners, constituting 10% of the student group, receive education at the same time. 2195 highly qualified teachers represent the academic staff of the school. UAB has an exchange program for students and teachers.
The university conducts active research activities, as well as the university constantly takes part in significant international projects. The development of software for experiments in astrophysics and space exploration in the UAB computer center deserves special attention. Traditionally, this university conducted effective research on biomedicine and molecular biology. One of the important discoveries here was the detection of bacteria, which can be effectively used to fight cancer cells.
The veterinary faculty enjoys great prestige and popularity, it is deservedly among the thirty best in this direction.
Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona provides a choice for education in the following faculties:
Specify information on the training program on the official site of an educational institution.
Among the graduates of the university there are many famous people who became writers, poets, politicians and economists. The most prominent are:
The Autonomous University of Barcelona is a young educational institution. Unlike the old universities with campuses located in the historic centers of cities, its main campus Bellaterra is equipped 20 kilometers from Barcelona in the city of Sardagnola del Valles. Some academic buildings and laboratories of the university are located in Barcelona and in other neighboring cities. The main campus of the university contains all the necessary infrastructure facilities: educational buildings, specialized training facilities (equipped with computers and free Wi-Fi), laboratories and research centers, the largest library, sports halls, catering facilities (canteens, cafeterias, cafes, restaurants) , park areas, places for walking and relaxation. The campus has all the conditions for full-fledged study, individual lessons, recreation and development of students.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.