ATC University of Limerick is one of the famous summer schools of the network. It offers vacation summer language programs for children and teenagers. Training in university walls allows foreign students to quickly adapt to the academic environment. The program on the basis of a prestigious Irish school attracts accessibility and versatility. It provides for the possibility of teaching students with any level of basic language training, from entry level to advanced.
The ATC University of Limerick is located a step away from the center of the historic city. On the university campus, students spend most of their time on study days. Here all conditions for a comfortable stay and interesting leisure are created. The students are offered entertainment programs, sports events. Lesson after the lessons can be found by everyone.
Short information. Vacation program in General English with an emphasis on the development of spoken language.
About the course. Summer English courses in the ATS school are designed for at least 2 weeks. The academic load is 20 lessons in 5 days. In the classroom, students study grammar, vocabulary, and practice in writing, reading, and listening. Particular attention is paid to improving the skills of understanding oral speech and communication in a language environment.
Students age: 11 to 17 years old.
Start dates: June 29 -14.08.
[999.17 ] Admission requirements: English - from beginner.
The result of the training: rapid language progress, development of communication skills in English, a lot of impressions of cognitive recreation in West Ireland.
Class size: to 15 people.
Lesson duration: 45 minutes.
The cost of the course: from 1400 €. The cost includes the academic program, study materials, accommodation, meals, pre-testing, certification.
Students are offered accommodation in small houses (for 6 to 8 people) on the campus of the university and in a standard hostel. Teenagers live in single rooms with private facilities. In the hostel, the sanitary rooms are on the floors.
The holiday program provides board meals. Breakfasts, lunches and dinners are served at the University of Limerick restaurant.
The school for students organizes 1 visiting excursion per week and 2 local for half a day. They include visits to historical sites (churches, castles, archaeological sites), nature parks, cultural institutions. Also the school offers sports activities (swimming, diving, hiking, team games), entertainment programs (shows, discos, karaoke, themed parties in the national style, much more).
The class schedule includes 4 lessons per day. The leisure program is offered to students in the afternoon.
The ATS has spacious auditoriums, a library of methodical literature, and linguaphone equipment. Also in the use of students are computers with access to the Internet. On the campus of the university, students of vacation courses are provided with a sports infrastructure: a sports complex, several playgrounds and fields, a swimming pool.
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.