Summer children's courses St Giles Junior summer Cambridge are held on the basis of Cambridge University in Sidney Sussex College. The campus is located in the center of the city, within a walking distance from it there is a tourist infrastructure.
Every day, on summer courses at the school, children will enjoy fascinating language classes, a practical and highly effective, rich extracurricular program, sports and recreational activities. Summer School of St. Giles Cambridge provides everything you need for a comfortable stay, an interesting pastime.
Short information. Intensive language program for teens who want to improve general English.
About the course. The English course provides for a load of 25 h / week. The intensity of studying grammar, vocabulary, reading, writing, listening and speaking helps ensure the rapid achievement of academic goals. The excursion program of the course is also of a learning character. On trips in an informal setting, students consolidate their knowledge and improve their language skills.
Students age: 14 to 17.
Start dates: 02.07 - 06.08.
Requirements for admission: English at the primary level (minimum).
[ 999.21] The result of the training: rapid language progress, acquaintance with the educational and cultural environment of Britain.
Class size: 10 - 12 people.
Duration of the lesson: 50 minutes.
Cost: 1295 pounds per week, including accommodation in a single residence, meals 3 times a day, study 25 lessons per week, day excursions, sports and entertainment events in the lunch and evening.
Students are offered summer courses at the residence on the campus of Cambridge University. Children are provided with single rooms. Facilities are shared (one unit for 4 people). In the residence there is also a kitchen, a rest room, a laundry. Services last paid extra.
For summer students there is a three-board board meal in the cafeteria on the campus. On excursion days, children receive packed lunches.
The program of summer courses provides excursion support. Students are offered 2 excursions - half a day and the whole day. The first provide an opportunity to visit Cambridge University, its most prestigious colleges, familiarity with the architectural, historical, cultural attractions of Cambridge. Field trips are organized in the British capital, Oxford, Stratford-upon-Avon, and other cities.
A boring program awaits students on the campus. Day activities include sports and activities in the circles of interest, outdoor activities. Evening is presented by cinema shows, show programs, discos, barbecue, etc.
Lessons are held in the summer school from 9:00 until lunch. The rest of the time is reserved for cognitive, active recreation, entertainment.
The educational institution of Sidney Sussex, on the basis of which most of the classes take place, has spacious auditoriums with interactive whiteboards, a computer center, a rich library. Also it is distinguished by the developed sports infrastructure, the original territory for rest. The park zone with sculptured lawns is an excellent place for summer holidays.
Dates: July 2 - August 6, 2015
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.