Anyone who speaks English, German, French or Italian can become a graduate in the Swiss schools of hotel and tourist management. It is a multilingual country where such schools are concentrated, having a high world prestige and giving professional diplomas recognized all over the world. In Switzerland there is also a comfortable climate, high-quality service and many opportunities not only for elite training, but also for a quiet, safe life and active recreation.
School SHMS Swiss Hotel Management School in the cities of Koh and Leisane
One of the largest and most famous schools of the hotel industry, Association SEG, is SHMS (Swiss Hotel Management School). The SHMS Swiss Hotel Management School is located in the French-speaking part of Switzerland, founded in 1984 and has two campuses. One of them is a campus in the town of Ko, in the five-star Caux-Palace hotel. From here, only 20 minutes drive to the city of Montreux and Lake Geneva, where many famous people visited, including Dostoevsky, Tchaikovsky, Byron, Nabokov, Chaplin.
The second campus of the SHMS Swiss Hotel Management School is located in Leysin. It is a small town situated high above the sea level - at an altitude of 1200 m. Leyzan is only an hour and a half away from Geneva. For education and accommodation, students are provided with rooms in two hotels. This is a modern "Belvedere" with all the latest technical innovations and an old "Mont Blanc". The hotels are connected by a branch of SHMS skytrain.
Schooling lasts three years, including 4 academic semesters, each of which lasts 5 months, or 18 weeks, and two semesters of paid practice, which is compulsory. Each practical semester lasts 4 - 6 months.
Language of instruction is English.
Each academic year includes one semester of students' practical work in restaurants and hotels Country, it lasts 4 - 6 months and begins after the end of the next academic semester. A place for practice is provided to every student for free. During the time of work, students are guaranteed to earn 1,168 - 1,450 francs a month after taxes, insurance, accommodation and meals.
Requirements for applicants for admission to the SHMS Swiss Hotel Management School:
Upon completion of the study programs for undergraduate and graduate students graduates receive two degrees:
The students can choose three courses of study based on the knowledge and practice of the first years of study:
The BA Degree Program was developed jointly with the British University of Derby - the owner of the 4th place in the rating of educational institutions of hotel and tourism management in the UK.
1. Catering: restaurant service and kitchen work; Creation and design of the menu; Follow the rules of hygiene, the rules of cooking and drinking, the rules of design and serving.
2. Practical skills of working in restaurants of public catering.
3. Costs: identification and control.
4. Introduction to hospitality and tourism.
5. Principles of accounting in public catering and tourism Business.
6. Information technology: use of e-mail and Internet in hotel and tourism management. Training in planning, design and presentation.
7. Perfection of personal development and communications. Qualities and skills of managers, personnel management, personnel development, career planning and implementation.
8. Business industry.
9. French, German or Spanish language of choice.
Paid work in Swiss or foreign hotels and restaurants as maid, Barmen, waiters, kitchen staff, at the reception.
1. Business management: the impact of business practices on the consumer, the product of the business as such, the success factors.
2. Management of hotels: planning, analysis, control.
3. Personnel management.
4. Study of hotel rooms: categories of rooms, work of reception and number service, booking and related operations.
5. Number fund Hotel: practical skills in the work of reception and room service.
6. Marketing: market segmentation, differentiation, positioning and sales.
7. Financial management: calculation, reporting.
8. Business communications.
9. Event management: event management .
10. Introduction to tourism and geography: directions and types of tourism,
types of tourists, their motivation, analysis of economic, social, cultural prerequisites for different types of travel.
11. The service of banquets.
12. Principles of management of hotel and tourist facilities.
13. Lessons in French, German or Spanish.
Paid work in Swiss or foreign hotels and restaurants as maid, barmen, waiters, kitchen staff, at the reception.
1. Income Management: Strategies.
2. Human Resources Management.
3. Marketing and management in the service industry.
4. Independent research project.
5. Managerial Accounting.
6. Industry Economics Hospitality and service.
7. Classes in French, German or Spanish.
After 9 weeks of study, students are divided into the following specialties: 1. Managing the business of the hotel.
2. Manager of entertainment management: creating, implementing and maintaining projects and ideas.
1. Modern trends in the tourism and hotel business.
2. Strategic management.
Then students are divided into specializations.
After completing the BA Degree Program and all practical semesters, students can choose to pursue their Master's studies (MA in International Hospitality Management) for an additional year.
Weekdays: 3 times a day.
Weekends: 2 times a day.
Special dietary requirements are taken into account: there are vegetarian and other options for specials. 999.33]
The cost of each semester SHMS Swiss Hotel Management School includes two excursions: one - with visits to hotels and restaurants for practical study, the other - cognitive, accompanied by a guide. There are also sports competitions, international evenings.
Caux-Palace-Campus offers to students:
Leysin-Campus "University Center" provides :
2015 [ 999.16]
Tuition fees And accommodation for 2014 - 2015 gg. Per person (Swiss francs)
The Swiss Diploma in International Hotel Operations Management program (1st and 2nd semester).
Winter 2014 - 27050, from the autumn of 2014 (999.35)
Program of the 3 semesters Swiss Higher Diploma.
Winter 2014 - 27050, from the autumn of 2014 - 27600.
The program of the 4 semesters BA (Hons ) Degree Program.
Winter 2014 - 27250, from the autumn of 2014 - 27800.
Average earnings of the student in practice - 1168 - 1450 per month.
The course price includes:
Additional costs (required):]
Also paid: ]
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|