McCallie School is a well-known and popular secondary school of separate education (only for boys). It was founded in 1905 by the McKelli brothers - Spencer and James, and today is considered one of the best high schools in the United States. The total area of the territory is more than 100 acres, it has everything necessary for effective education, comfortable living and recreation.
Most educators live directly on campus, many of them have academic degrees and are on the list of the best US teachers.
McCallie School accepts students from all states and countries of the world - it helps to develop Intercultural and international ties, strengthen international communications, constantly improve in academic, creative, moral and ethical terms.
On average, one class includes up to 15 people, the ratio of "teacher-pupils" is 1: 6.5.
The following training programs have been adopted at the institution:
In order to receive a diploma, a student from grades 9 to 12 must receive at least 19 educational credits (credit units) in compulsory subjects: 16 - in basic subjects and 3 - in subjects of general development.
To the compulsory subjects, which allow to receive up to 16 credits, are:
To subjects of additional development carry the following directions:
Additional credits can be obtained on subjects of choice, which are studied from 1.5 to 2 years: it can be the study of Shakespeare's creativity, biblical archeology, the ancient Greek epic and its heroes, the history of rock music, abstract algebra and other interesting, diverse courses.
The school is proud of the results of its graduates according to the AP program: it is a course of increased complexity. Many students receive a national scholarship National Merit Scholarship - the institution has the largest percentage of scholars in the southeast of the United States.
Available items for study at the AP level are in the following list:
There is also a special supportive ESL English course offered to foreign students. He helps them to develop language knowledge and skills quickly and efficiently, more successfully and fully absorb the material.
Young men have comfortable residences with air conditioning, free access to wireless Internet. The pupils of McCallie School live in cozy double rooms: for the first year of study, a foreign student divides a room with an American schoolchild, and subsequently can independently choose a neighbor.
In their free time, many students like to go in for sports and active recreation - the most popular and popular options are the following:
The Student Center is constantly working, anyone can take part in the activity. A large number of studios, clubs and circles of interest have been founded - among them:
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.