Founded in 1887, the Pratt Institute is today one of the most famous and ranking arts universities in the United States. About 4,000 students are constantly studying and living on campus, the total area of which reaches 35 acres. The University is located in Brooklyn, New York, with the highest concentration of sculptural compositions and gardens, a large number of sports fields, fields and stadiums (another large stadium is Madison Square Garden), a huge number of skyscrapers and interesting architectural sites. Only 20 minutes from the campus of the University from the center of Manhattan, it is also easy to get to any point in Brooklyn, to Prospect Park. 30 kilometers separate the territory from New Ark Airport, 27 kilometers distance to John F. Kennedy Airport.
SUMMER COURSES, July 5 - July 28, 2017, for adolescents aged 14-19.
The program is available for individual booking and for groups of students. For each week of classes, 15 academic lessons are provided - classes are formed small, with a maximum of 15 people each.
Sunday: arrival of pupils.
• In the afternoon: language test for revealing students' knowledge level, distribution by training groups, introductory program for new students, mini-excursion On the school;
• In the evening: a joint film screening.
• In the afternoon: Academic studies + Visiting Times Square, Herald Square, shopping at Macy's;
• In the evening: Dynamic intellectual quiz.[ 999.18] Wednesday:
• In the afternoon: Academic studies + Walk on Highline (Meatpacking district), visit to Chelsea Market;
• In the evening: Summer Camp Olympics.
• In the afternoon: Academic classes + extra-curricular activities on campus organized by teachers;
• In the evening: Disco.
• In the afternoon: Academic studies + Walking along Fifth Avenue and Central Park;
• In the evening: Night of the James Bond casino.
• In the afternoon: Walk through Downtown and the financial district of the city, visit the Statue of Liberty and the Memorial 9/11;
• In the evening: Tournament on the game "Capture the Flag" (active group game event).
• In the afternoon: Rest (students are given a brunch on a day off); At the request and personal schedule of the student - additional excursions, group leisure activities;
• In the evening: Show "X Factor".
• In the afternoon: Academic studies + extracurricular activities Entertainment on campus organized by educators;
• In the evening: European Football Tour (soccer).
• In the afternoon: Academic studies + Visit to Rockefeller Center, Central Station, St. Patrick's Cathedral [ 999.57]
• In the evening: International tournament on quizzes.
• In the afternoon: Academic studies + visit to Greenwich Village and Soho area;
• In the evening: Speed Dating.
• In the afternoon: Academic classes + extra-curricular activities on campus organized by educators;
• In the evening: A party of Caribbean dances, disco.
• In the afternoon: Academic studies + Visits to Columbia University, Bernard College, inspection of Grant's Tomb; [999.75 ]
• In the evening: The Talents Show.
• Afternoon: Excursion to the Soho area, Chinatown, Little Italy, walks along the Brooklyn Bridge (for the whole day);
• In the evening: Graduation ceremony.
Sunday: Departure of schoolchildren from the camp.
The price includes:
Food and accommodation in the summer camp of the Pratt Institute is organized according to the type of full board. Students are offered accommodation in a residence (double room, shared bathroom) or in a host family.
Pupils of summer courses Pratt Institute are offered a full-fledged program of leisure activities organized by school teachers (in the daytime and evening time each day). There is also a lot of cognitive excursion trips: 1 excursion per week for a full day and 3 trips for several hours.
Example of full day excursions:
Examples of excursions that take half a day or several hours:
EXAMPLE OF THE SCHEDULE OF DAY:
Training sessions for summer courses are conducted Monday to Friday, three academic hours per day. Each lesson is divided into two blocks:
• Learning grammar, vocabulary, relevant exercises and practices;
• Training of oral speech, communication skills: use of gaming and role-playing methods, interactive training, attraction of additional funds.
After classes, students can engage in one of the many types of leisure and entertainment: playing football or Tennis, basketball, go in for dancing, visit creative studios and workshops.
Every evening students are offered an interesting entertainment program, shows and parties: for example, the Talent Show, Dance Night, quizzes, joint group screenings, sports and much more.
The Institute is superbly equipped and has all the necessary equipment to ensure that the students' training was productive, and the rest - full and varied.
The camp is open in the summer from July 5 to July 28, 2017.
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.