INTO Colorado State University is a state university. He specializes in training workers for agricultural, engineering and veterinary medicine. The institution has been operating in Colorado since 1870. Priority training system here has not changed. Students receive theoretical knowledge directly at the university, and practical experience - in the field.
INTO Colorado State University is not only an educational institution, but also a research and development center. He has the status of a doctoral university. A high level of scientific activity plays an important role in the growth of the popularity of the educational institution among modern entrants.
The University of Cororado is known for research in several areas:
The university's research budget is more than $ 300 million per year.
The university is located in the small town of Fort Collins. Near it stands the Rocky Mountains. Prior to most ski resorts in the region from the university about 2 hours drive. In Rocky Mountain, a national park with a unique ecosystem, you can reach in less than an hour. To study at the University is not only prestigious, but also comfortable. This is due to the fact that the university is located in the city from the TOP-10 of the best places to stay in the US.
CSU accepts applicants for 65 bachelor's programs, 55 magistracy courses, 40 doctoral courses, including veterinary medicine. The structure of the university is represented by 8 profile colleges:
Direct enrollment is available for applicants:
Applicants who need academic and / or language pre-university training can use the INTO program.
The specialized program is targeted at the undergraduate bachelor's degree. It involves the study of several disciplines, including mathematics, mass culture, English. Includes course and subjects from the direction chosen by the entrant.
The program is available for those wishing to get CSU education in the following areas: natural sciences, humanities, engineering, computer science, business administration, agriculture. The training lasts 2 semesters. The accelerated course is offered for applicants of the bachelor's degree in the field of humanitarian disciplines and agricultural sciences.
For admission to the Undergraduate Pathway the following indicators are required:
At the end of the program, students who achieve successful results are enrolled for the 2nd semester of the first year of study or for the 2nd year.
The cost of the program: $ 39,983 - $ 46,786 for two semesters (training, accommodation, meals, study materials, medical insurance, additional expenses).
The preparatory course for future masters includes academic studies in priority disciplines taking into account the chosen direction and in English. Available specialties: applied statistics, tourism management, engineering, computer engineering, civil engineering, engineering, chemical engineering, information computer systems, business (environmental, social profile), business administration, financial risk management, agriculture.
The program is offered in standard and accelerated mode. The latter provides training for 4 months instead of 9. Courses start in January and August.
Entry requirements vary depending on the type of program and the chosen specialty. Common are the necessary for enrollment indicators IELTS 6.0-6.5, TOEFL 71-86 and GPA - 2.75-2.85.
The cost of the program:
The Academic English Program specializes in students who do not speak English well enough to study at CSU. The program allows you to prepare for entering the Pathway. The basic level of English is not important. AER is available for beginners and who speak English confidently. The first learn the general language skills during the training, the latter develop specific, necessary for the training in the university.
The program can have different duration. The full course lasts 2 semesters, the standard one - 1 semester (in summer), the accelerated one - 1 month. The last program is aimed at those who are preparing to enter a bachelor's or master's degree in the current year.
The intensity of training can also be different. The load is 15 - 25 hours per week.
Applicants who have reached the age of 17 are admitted to AER.
The cost of the program (training, accommodation, meals, training and methodological materials, insurance):
The special course is aimed at those wishing to plunge into university life before joining CSU. An intensive English course provides for an increased academic load. Accommodation of students is carried out on the campus of the university. Full immersion in the academic and linguistic environment is guaranteed.
Students who are over 17 years old are admitted to the course. The training lasts 24 to 36 weeks. Beginning of the courses is scheduled for August and January.
The cost of the course (training, accommodation, meals, educational and methodical materials, medical insurance):
A general English course is available for students with any level of basic training. The program is suitable for those who want to improve their language skills and knowledge, get to know more closely the culture of America. General English Program focuses on English communication. The study of special disciplines in the course of the course is not provided.
The duration of the training varies from 4 to 48 weeks. Requirements for admission - age not less than 17 years. The academic load is 22 hours per week. The program provides 3 training levels, from elementary to advanced.
The cost of the program: 1 trimester / 4 weeks (training, food, accommodation, training and methodical materials, medical insurance) - from $ 3,524.
International Year One is a special adaptation program for international students wishing to enroll in INTO Colorado State University (University of Colorado). To participate, you must have a diploma of school education and a certain level of English, training lasts from 1 to 3 semesters (the choice of duration depends on the level of the language). The course starts three times a year. The advantage of International Year One is that students after graduation immediately move to the next semester in the Bachelor's Degree. In total, 9 directions are available today:
Each direction corresponds to their undergraduate programs. Training includes:
Development of university teaching and research skills. American universities make specific demands on what methods of research and study each student should have, and these requirements may present certain difficulties for foreign participants. Courses on this topic are designed to fill the gaps and help students to learn the methods of research for a successful learning process.
All classes are conducted exclusively by highly qualified specialists in small classes, which allows paying maximum attention to each student. Students receive effective support from teachers, staff and mentors on all emerging issues, both in the curriculum, and in terms of living and lifestyles, as well as centers for the support of foreign students. Students attend special seminars on career skills and employment, which greatly helps them in understanding the structure of the labor market and facilitates the further process of job search and career advancement.
After the successful completion of the International Year One, students move to the next semester of the undergraduate program for the chosen program and continue their studies as ordinary students.
International Year One: directions and available bachelor's programs:
1. Agricultural Sciences:
2. Business Administration:
3. Computer Science:
6. General Studies:
7. Language, Literature and Culture - French and Spanish (Languages, Literatures and Cultures - French or Spanish):
Tuition fees for the International Year One:
1. Age of participants: from 16 years old
2. English language level for participation:
3. Level of Education: Diploma of High School Graduation
4. GPA: from 2.3.
5. High indicators for the profile subjects of the chosen direction
6. It is possible to conduct internal tests for knowledge of the English language and disciplines
7. Participants: foreign nationals.
Beginning of classes: January, May, August.
Academic year for semester programs:
1. Beginning in January: from January 7 to May 10
2. Beginning in May: from May 7 to August 3
3. Beginning in August: from August 12 to December 13.
Academic year for 2-semester programs:
1. Beginning in January: from January 7 to August 2
2. Beginning in May: from May 7 to December 14
3. Beginning in August: from August 13 to May 10 (next year)
Academic year for 3-semester programs:
1. Beginning in January: from January 7 to May 15 (next year)
2. Start in May: from May 7 to May 17 (next year)
3. Beginning in August: from August 13 to December 13 (next year).
1. Age of participants: from 17 years
2. Duration of training: 4 years (standard programs)
3. Beginning of classes: September, January
4. Level of English: TOEFL iBT 75-79, IELTS 6.0-6.5, PTEA 50-53, Password 7
5. Level of Education: Diploma of School Graduation
6. Language of instruction: English.
INTO Colorado State University (University of Colorado) offers students a large number of training programs in a variety of ways. To enter the university you need to have a complete school education and a fairly high level of English; foreign applicants can use the special adaptation course International Year One - bring their knowledge in line with the requirements of the American education system without increasing the duration of training.
The standard program lasts 4 years. All students in all specialties choose for themselves two spheres - basic and additional. Major - the main area of study, in simple terms - the main specialization, which is prescribed in the diploma and the discipline of which occupy the main place in the curriculum. Minor is an additional specialization where students can choose the sciences and areas of interest of interest to them, get serious support in relation to the core area and expand their competencies. This system makes education more universal and allows to develop in several directions at once. For passed courses and disciplines, students receive so-called credits (or credit units). The training is quite intensive, daily the students receive large amounts of information, and in order for the process to be more comfortable and successful, different types of classes alternate:
Regularly during the semesters, various tests and examinations are conducted, such as examinations, invisible exams, tests, coursework. Teachers do not just give students knowledge, but, first of all, teach them to apply this knowledge in practice. Students undergo internships in companies and organizations, public authorities and medical institutions. The university also has full-fledged programs of on-line education in some specialties, which make it possible to receive prestigious education in full on-line mode.
Upon completion of the training, students are given a diploma of higher education of the state standard and are awarded a bachelor's degree in the relevant field of science. Graduates of INTO Colorado State University (University of Colorado) have high chances of finding a job in prestigious companies, many bachelors continue their studies, entering the magistracy.
Bachelor's programs at INTO Colorado State University (University of Colorado). (Major):
Online Bachelor's programs:
The cost of studying for undergraduate programs is from $ 29,000 / year of study.
1. Age: from 17 years old
2. Educational level: completed secondary school (high school diploma with a high average score and good marks)
3. Knowledge of English: TOEFL iBT 75-79, IELTS 6.0-6.5, PTEA 50-53, Password 7, Completion of Academic English Level 3 (with a minimum of 80% in all graded classes)
4. Portfolio (for some specialties)
5. High level of knowledge in the profile subjects of the chosen direction
6. Internal tests to determine the level of knowledge
7. Interview with a university employee
8. Foreign students are usually enrolled through participation in the International Year One.
Beginning of the bachelor's degree programs: September (end of August), January.
The academic year of undergraduate programs is divided into semesters:
1. Age of participants: from 20 years
2. Duration of study: from 1 year
3. Beginning of classes: September (end of August), January
4. Level of English: TOEFL iBT 75-86 / IELTS 6.5 / PTEA 50-58 / Password 7
5. Level of education: Bachelor's degree
6. Language of instruction: English.
The Department of Magistracy at INTO Colorado State University (University of Colorado) is characterized by the highest quality of education provided and a wide variety of programs. For admission to the master's degree, you must have a bachelor's degree (4 years of study) and a high level of English (you need to be fluent in the language). For foreign applicants there is a special Pre-Master's course, where students for 1-3 semesters adapt to the university system of education, receive academic knowledge and then pass to the basic bachelor's programs without losing time.
The master offers a fundamental scientific base and extensive research training. Each specialty is assessed by credits - credit units, which are earned as the disciplines pass. The training is quite intensive, it includes a large number of independent studies and research work. The teachers of the magistracy strive to find an individual approach to each master student and help to open their potential to the fullest. Students have the opportunity to undergo internships, perfect their skills in real activities. Employees and specialists of the university provide all necessary assistance in matters of employment and career development. In addition to standard training, some programs are available online, and in several formats: fully online, online with the included summer semester on campus, online with live lectures included.
Specialists with a Master's degree in INTO Colorado State University (University of Colorado) are highly regarded by employers and have a high percentage of employment in good companies in the US and around the world. Many graduates continue their education in doctoral studies, are engaged in scientific work and open new horizons of science.
Master's programs at INTO Colorado State University (University of Colorado):
Masters Online Training Programs:
1. Agricultural sciences:
2. Art and Music:
3. Business, organization and management:
5. Computer Science and Technology
8. Health and Human Sciences:
The cost of studying for Master's programs = from 27000 $ / year of training.
For master's programs:
1. Age: from 20 years old
2. Level of education: bachelor's degree (diploma with a high average score)
3. Level of English: TOEFL iBT 75-86, IELTS 6.5, PTEA 50-58, Password 7, Completion of Academic English Level 3 (with a minimum of 85% in all graded courses)
4. High rates and academic achievements in the profile disciplines of the chosen direction
5. Expanded essay explaining and justifying all the reasons and objectives of entering the magistracy
6. Written recommendations from previous places of study / work (at least 2 recommendations)
7. Portfolio of creative works (for some specialties)
8. Protection of profile exams and tests (for some specialties)
9. For foreign participants it is recommended to enter through the Pre-Master's program.
The beginning of the master's program: September (end of August), January.
The academic year of the Master's program is divided into semesters:
Students of bachelor's preparatory programs are accommodated in double studios. Bathrooms are shared, one for 4 people. Students from other university courses live in single or double rooms with private facilities in the room or on the floor. The food program is chosen by the student independently. Available options: board (3 meals a day), half board (2 meals a day), partial board (meals in the dining room 1 time per day).
The campus of the University is 2000 hectares of area. It is represented by the main town with educational buildings, library, residences, arts center, laboratory complex and veterinary clinic, several additional campuses (agricultural, mountain and foothill). Also at the disposal of the university there is a Forest Service Station, a research center outside Larimer.
The school year is divided into semesters: autumn and spring (16 weeks each), as well as a short summer semester (4-8-12 weeks).
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.