SMAPSE company will help to get prestigious education abroad, avoiding a lot of problems associated with admission - school education, bachelor's or master's degree abroad become more accessible. We are a project with many years of experience in providing services in this field.
Master's degree abroad is a good alternative to getting a full higher education: you can save a lot of money and at the same time get an international diploma that is recognized throughout Europe.
There are no general guidelines for enrolling in a master's program abroad - each university accepts students for training on specific conditions. But there is a list of documents that will definitely be required. To get more precise information on the educational institution of your interest, please contact our specialist - he/she will answer all the questions you have about entering a Master's program abroad.
For studying English abroad under the masters program, you must have a bachelor's degree in the relevant specialty. In some universities the training program is different, so it may be necessary to pass the examination for compliance. Some programs require an examination for general academic knowledge. You will also need to pass an official test in a foreign language. In authoritative universities, bilingual education (English + national) is practiced, so one of them will suffice.
Studying in a master's degree abroad has a different value, much depends on the overall standard of living in the country, the university rating. The price policy of our firm is aimed at providing conditions for enrolling the maximum number of applicants, we will help to optimize the costs of living, organizing leisure and, in general, life in the country.
For guaranteed admission to the masters program, students are recommended to take pre-masters courses, which are prepared directly for passing of language and academic tests required for enrollment to the university.
One of the first advantages of the second stage of higher education is professional development. If you choose a master's program in a specialty adjacent to the first diploma, then this is perceived as an extension of professional skills, which means that the value of such a specialist will already increase.
The next advantage of completing the master's program is directly related to the first - this is a shift in the work specialization. When enrolling in a master's program, a student can choose to study a new direction. Thus, after receiving a diploma, the young specialist will have not one but two qualifications.
One more advantage of obtaining a master's degree are new opportunities in terms of career growth. It is believed that the holder of one bachelor's degree can occupy only the position of the performer in the company, and the master's degree in this matter gives an advantage - with it the student already after high school can quickly get into the leadership position.
In addition, the graduate program is officially recognized as a separate higher education, since it has an individual document on graduation. Thus, literally in 2-3 years you can get a second higher education abroad. For comparison, it usually takes 4 years to complete the first stage of higher education.
In general, the period of study in the magistracy will primarily depend on the country, which will be chosen by a foreign student, and secondly - from the specialty. For example, a master's degree in the UK can be obtained in one year, in Canada for 2 years, and in the United States it may take from 1.5 to 3-4 years. Everything will depend on the particular institution and abilities of the student. The standards of the master's program are determined by the European system of education, according to which the training course must be at least 90-120 credits or academic hours for subjects (ECTS).
In the United States and European countries, there are several types of magistracy, which differ from each other by the degree of professional experience. For example, if there is no work experience, then a student with a bachelor's or specialist's degree must choose a post-graduate master's degree program for admission to the master's program. This option is perfect for those who first want to get a higher education, and only then to gain work experience.
The next kind is Business degree or management master's degree. These are programs related to business and management. If the student plans to pursue applied activities in the future, then such degrees as the Master of Science ( MSc), the Master of Arts ( MA) and the Master of Commerce (MCom) will suit him/her. If the student plans to do scientific research, then he should choose an educational course in the research masters category: Master of Research (MRes), Master of Arts by Reaserch (MARes), Master of Philosophy (MPhil) and so on. On programs of the second type, students usually conduct research on an actual topic in their specialization, and after graduation they often continue their education in doctoral studies. However, not all universities have a division into applied and research magistracies.
One of the most demanded master's degrees around the world is called MBA (Master of Business Administration). As a rule, this program is designed for students and young professionals who have a certain length of service in a professional environment (2-3 years) or experience in management. Companies around the world send their employees to get this business degree: they are managers, top managers, directors and so on. MBA is one of the master's programs that allows you to additionally expand competencies even to such a specialist who has already reached certain heights in his profession and wants to move even further.
In the United Kingdom and the United States, the candidate will need to pass the GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) exam, which is a standardized test, the results demonstrate the student's ability and potential to successfully complete the training in business schools at various levels. We are also advised to take care of the passing of such an exam in advance.
In general, the conditions for admission to the master's program in different countries of the world look approximately the same, but they can be changed or supplemented depending on the conditions of a particular educational institution:
- Knowledge of foreign language. One of the main requirements for a student who is going to enroll in a master's department to a university abroad will, of course, be a confident knowledge of one foreign language at a minimum. Today, the vast majority of programs are taught in English as basic, or duplicated on it, if the main language of the country is different. Therefore, knowledge of English at the advanced user level is compulsory;
- Presence of bachelor's degree. This is no less important condition for admission to the magistracy. Since the master's degree is considered the second level of higher education, to obtain it you must have the first level;
- High average score of the first degree. In Europe and abroad, there is always a strict selection of potential students, and the more prestigious a profession, the higher the competition. One of the criteria for more careful selection is just the level of assessments in the first degree;
- Passing of language tests. This requirement is considered optional, as it depends on the country and the conditions of the particular university. In general, foreign students are additionally checked for language knowledge when applying. However, in some universities this will not be necessary if the candidate has enough evidence of a high level of academic and linguistic knowledge;
- Entrance exams. Here, the situation is similar to the previous point - not all universities require students to take additional tests on admission, since there are usually enough documents provided by the student. In some higher schools with foreign students conduct an interview by phone or via the Internet, that is the admissions committee gets acquainted with each candidate personally. Again, it all depends on the particular institution, so we recommend that you update this information in advance.
Now let's talk about what kind of documents will be required for an international student to apply for admission to a magistracy in one of the countries abroad:
- Diploma of first higher education, fully translated into English (including applications and assessments);
- Students' letters of recommendation from 2-3 teachers or employers, in which the latter should give a detailed assessment of the candidate's abilities and his personal qualities, positioning him/her as a motivated person;
- Certificate indicating the level of knowledge of the foreign language in which the training will be;
- Motivation letter, in which the student himself describes his/her educational, and sometimes even career goals, including in the description the reason why he/her wants to go to a particular university. It is better to avoid some general phrases, because this is an important point. But do not go into the details of the student's private life;
- Some universities also offer applicants to leave an online application on the site and then send scanned copies of documents to the university admission committee. Then before the direct enrollment in the university at the admission committee it will be necessary to send and originals of all documents. You can do it using express mail or registered mail;
Also, we note that it is customary to send applications abroad at once to several different universities (5-7 institutions) in order to increase the chances of obtaining a high-quality European education. You will not lose by sending inquiries to all faculties that suit your specialization. After all, it is better to have several options in reserve and refuse the university if necessary, than not to be in time for the beginning of the academic year and then start the entire way of applying from the very beginning.
In addition, the process of preparing the necessary documents and negotiations with representatives of the university take several months, so we strongly recommend that you begin to deal with this issue at least 7-9 months before the start of studies. You can apply to the visa center immediately after the confirmation of your enrollment has come in to clarify all the conditions for issuing a study visa for a particular country (the conditions may differ significantly in different countries).
It is invariably considered that only very wealthy people can afford to get some education abroad, but this is not entirely true. Today, different countries offer such a wide range of educational institutions that people with almost any income can choose the right one at a cost. In addition, various scholarship programs and systems of educational grants are active in foreign universities, which can be obtained both by a citizen of the country and a foreign student.
Training in a Master's program abroad has a different value, much depends on the overall standard of living in the country, the university's rating. The price policy of our firm is aimed at providing conditions for enrolling the maximum number of applicants, we will help to optimize the costs of living, organizing leisure and in general life in the country.
For example, a fairly tangible financial investment will be needed for a student from another country to study in a magistracy in Australia, Britain, the United States, Canada, Denmark, Sweden and the Netherlands. The fee of annual training in these countries will be about 15 to 20-25 thousand dollars (for students from other countries, the fee will be higher than for local residents). And this is only payment for studies, and there will be other items of expenditure, which we will discuss further. More affordable to most students the cost of a master's degree, for example, in Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea, Malaysia and so on - here it will take about 5-10 thousand dollars for one academic year.
Also note that there are such European countries where education in the state higher school can be obtained either on a free basis (for example, Germany) or at a fairly low price. By the way, budget education in these countries is equally accessible to all students, regardless of whether a citizen of the country or a foreign student is entering.
In addition to the cost of teaching an international student, it is worthwhile to include in the list of expenses such items as tickets to the country of study(usually air travel), accommodation and meals, as well as some small expenses and finances for shopping and entertainment. In addition, a student visa will cost the student a certain amount. On average, for all of the above, a young man abroad will need about 5-10 thousand dollars (this amount can be converted depending on the country).