BIMM - British & Irish Modern Music Institute Brighton is a unique educational institution specializing in providing quality education in musical and creative areas. Conducts its history since 1983, when Drumtech was opened in London, in which training was conducted in several directions (drums, guitar, bass, keyboard and vocals), and which later became known as Tech Music School (TMS). The campus in Brighton was the first to receive its current name (BIMM College) and hospitably opened its doors in 2001. Here many educational programs and directions were tried for the first time, many innovations were tested for the first time, including the system of direct connection with the country's music industry, the opportunity to express themselves and show their talents directly to representatives of music companies and organizations. The incredible success and popularity of the college in Brighton has launched a whole network in different cities of England, Ireland and Europe.
Today, students from all over the world undergraduate and Diploma degrees are taught at the institute, and summer school programs are also available. An individualized learning system is used - each student receives the maximum attention, master classes and practical exercises are constantly held. Directions of study:
The instructors are exceptional professionals, many of them are talented and famous musicians, vocalists, people of creative professions. Thanks to this, students receive first-hand information and can always count on help and support. Success is promoted by an active system for developing career and employment skills.
BIMM - The British & Irish Modern Music Institute Brighton is an excellent choice for those who want to develop their talents, set global and ambitious goals for themselves and will definitely succeed!
1. Age of participants: from 18 years
2. Duration of training: 2 years (standard programs), 1 year (First Diploma)
3. Start of classes: September, January, April
4. Level of English: IELTS 6.0
5. Level of education: diploma
6. Language of instruction: English.
BIMM - The British & Irish Modern Music Institute Brighton - offers applicants the opportunity to receive professional Diploma degrees, which provide opportunities for employment, the start of a professional career and further education. For admission, you must have an appropriate level of education and a high level of knowledge of English. Two different levels of programs are available for students:
Each area includes a set of disciplines and subjects aimed at obtaining fundamental skills and knowledge in the chosen direction - all modules and disciplines are developed very carefully and are constantly refined, taking into account all the latest developments and achievements. Teachers and mentors pay special attention to the development of practical skills and abilities - each student receives the maximum attention. Master classes and meetings with invited experts are held on a regular basis. Thanks to the cooperation of the institute with various companies in the industry, students have the opportunity to express themselves and show their talents, acquire valuable contacts, and start profitable cooperation.
Upon successful completion of a course of study, students receive Diploma or First Diploma degrees and may begin professional or labor activity, and in the future, graduates may return to the process of study and transfer to a certain undergraduate course in the relevant direction. Many graduates are successful in their professional and work activities, becoming famous musicians, singers and creative people.
1. Artist Development Diploma in Music Performance (Artistic Development in Music Performance):
2. Writing Songs (Artist Development Diploma In Songwriting)
3. Music Business (Entrepreneurs Diploma In Music Business)
4. Production: Events and Sound (Diploma In Events And Sound Production).
First Diploma programs in BIMM - British & Irish Modern Music Institute Brighton:
First Diploma in Modern Music (on directions):
A sample Diploma curriculum for BIMM programs is the British & Irish Modern Music Institute Brighton:
Artist Development Diploma (Guitar, Bass, Drums, Vocals) (modules and objects differ in content depending on the direction):
Song Writing (Artist Development Diploma In Songwriting):
Music Business (Entrepreneurs Diploma In Music Business):
Events and sound production (Diploma In Events And Sound Production):
Places of employment and employment after obtaining a diploma and bachelor's degree from BIMM - British & Irish Modern Music Institute Brighton:
Tuition for Diploma programs at BIMM - British & Irish Modern Music Institute Brighton:
1. Age of participants: from 17 years
2. Length of study: 3 years (standard programs)
3. Start of classes: October, January, April
4. Level of English: IELTS 5.5-6.0
5. Level of education: graduation diploma (minimum 2 A-level subjects at level C or above, or BTEC equivalent to Level 3)
6. Language of instruction: English.
BIMM - British & Irish Modern Music Institute Brighton - accepts applicants from around the world with the necessary level of education and skills and an appropriate level of English. The competition for admission is high, therefore not only educational documents are taken into account, but also various achievements, diplomas, victories in various competitions. Enrolled in the institute can be proud of themselves, because today it is one of the best educational institutions of its kind in Europe and around the world!
Each student chooses for himself the program that is interesting to him and meets his expectations and goals. Curricula are drawn up taking into account the latest achievements in teaching and creativity. The schedule contains a set of disciplines and subjects that best disclose all aspects of the specialty and give a fundamental level of knowledge and skills.
Much attention is paid to practical skills: students constantly spend time playing instruments, working and rehearsing individually and as part of groups. The teachers of the institute are professionals: many of them are acting popular musicians, soloists, recording company employees. They not only give students knowledge of theory and practice, but can answer any question regarding the current state of the industry and give valuable advice “first-hand”.
The school maintains partnerships with professional recording studios, companies, production centers and other creative organizations. Already during their studies, students have the opportunity to declare themselves, to take part in the audition, to show their talents. Many receive offers of cooperation even before they graduate, as more and more professionals from all over the world pay attention to the institute and its graduates who successfully realize their potential in various countries.
1) Professional musicianship (Professional music playing):
2) Songwriting (BA (hons) Songwriting)
3) Music business (Ba (hons) Music business)
4) Event Management (BA (hons) Event management)
5) Musical production (BA (hons) Music production)
6) Music journalism (BA (hons) Music journalism).
Exemplary undergraduate curriculum programs at BIMM - British & Irish Modern Music Institute Brighton:
Professional music playing (on directions): Guitar, Bass guitar, Drums, Vocal (BA (hons) Professional musicianship):
2) To choose:
2) At choice (two subjects):
Songwriting (BA (hons) Songwriting):
2) Optional (one item from the list):
2) Optional (one item):
Music business (Ba (hons) Music business):
Event Management (BA (hons) Event management):
Musical Production (BA (hons) Music production):
2) Optional (one item):
2) At choice (two subjects):
Music journalism (BA (hons) Music journalism):
1. Age of participants: from 20 years
2. Duration of training: 1 year
3. Start of classes: October, January
4. Level of English: from IELTS 6.0
5. Level of education: bachelor's degree (in the relevant specialization)
6. Language of instruction: English.
BIMM - British & Irish Modern Music Institute Brighton - offers students a professional program to receive a certificate of teaching in the field of music - Postgraduate Certificate In Learning And Teaching.
For admission it is necessary to have an appropriate level of education and knowledge of the English language + applicants must be creatively developed and gifted people. Education lasts 1 academic year, all disciplines and subjects are divided into three broad modules:
The educational process includes both theoretical lessons and constant active practice, thanks to which students gain the maximum of useful knowledge and skills. Teachers and mentors pay personal attention to each student, help them in discovering talents and talents, teach them to understand all the subtleties and nuances of successful teaching activities.
The development of career and professional skills occupies an important place during training - the institute cooperates with a large number of educational institutions, recording studios, and media studios. Students have the opportunity to attend colleges and universities, offices and headquarters of companies, where they can look at the teaching process “from the inside”, learn a lot of new things, and acquire valuable contacts. Students are in a comfortable atmosphere with like-minded people and future colleagues, make new friends.
Upon successful completion of the full course, students will receive a certificate in teaching and teaching (Postgraduate Certificate In Learning And Teaching) and may begin their professional activities.
Tuition for a postgraduate certificate (Postgraduate Certificate In Learning And Teaching) program:
In the immediate vicinity of the campus, you can always find suitable accommodation options - the staff of the institute and our specialists are always ready to assist students in finding the right option. Depending on the requests and needs available:
In any case, students receive the maximum level of comfort and safety; meals are organized on their own, but when staying in a family or dormitory there are various meal plans available.
During their studies, students have large and diverse opportunities for organizing leisure and recreation. Employees of the institute help students in adaptation, development of talents, manifestation of qualities. Thanks to the career development system, students have the opportunity to express themselves, to get acquainted with industry experts, to conclude a cooperation agreement. Brighton has a comfortable atmosphere: here you can always walk along the coast, visit various sights, parks, theaters, cinemas, holidays and festivals. Students have the opportunity to visit London and other cities in Britain.
The campus has an exceptionally high level of equipment and consists of three sections: BIMM East, BIMM West and BIMM House. Opportunities:
Beginning of studies: October, January. The academic year is divided into three parts:
Diploma academic year:
Tuition (for the academic year):
3. Postgraduate Certificate in Learning & Teaching:
1. Age: from 18 years
2. Level of education:
3. Possession of practical and creative skills (playing instruments, singing, creativity)
4. Level of English: from IELTS 6.0.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.